TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » The Cats turn the game into the Columbia massacre

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Cats turn the game into the Columbia massacre
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 02-13-2016 04:38 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This was supposed to be the game where South Carolina took control of the Southeastern Conference race and Kentucky’s road woes continued. Or at least that is what ESPN analysts Jay Bilas and Seth Greenberg predicted before the game.

Instead, even without coach John Calipari, Kentucky played its best of the season and dominated the Gamecocks while winning 89-62 Saturday in Columbia, S.C., to move into first place in the SEC. And remember South Carolina beat Texas A&M and LSU in its previous two games.

Guards Tyler Ulis, Jamal Murray and Isaiah Briscoe were all dominant. Ulis and Murray combined for 24 points in the half. For the game Ulis had career-highs of 27 points and 12 assists, including one pass he threw off the backboard to Marcus Lee for a second-half dunk after a Briscoe steal. Murray finished with 26 points and five rebounds and Briscoe had 10 points, five rebounds and three assists.

Lee also gave the Cats a huge boost with 11 points, 13 rebounds and two blocks when he was the only UK big not in foul trouble.

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
ukman
Player
Member # 3032

posted 02-13-2016 05:44 PM      Profile for ukman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I haven't seen the game yet, got it on TiVo. I did have tickets for me and my son to go to this, but then his school team that I coach made it to the semis. We had light snow 2 weeks ago and the league just pushed everything back one week. That meant the semis, and final were this weekend. So we had to sell our tickets. Glad we made it to the semis, which we lost, but would have loved to have been at that game with my son.
Posts: 5441 | From: georgia | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 02-13-2016 05:55 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If we continue to play like we have this week in games against Georgia and now South Carolina, we will certainly move up in the rankings. Right now we are playing as good as any team in college basketball, let's all just hope it continues. The kids seem to really enjoy playing together and Ulis is an incredible point guard, regardless of size.
Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 02-13-2016 07:09 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ulis is the leader and along with Murray and Briscoe they are one heck of a talented 3 guard offense.

--------------------

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 02-13-2016 07:52 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
IMO, Tyler is the most savvy player in college basketball right now. Not just guards, but players.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36271 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 02-13-2016 10:20 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It just seems like in the last week this team has finally understanding how to play together and they are shooting better also. This would have been the game for Wynyard to play if he was going to with all the foul trouble with our bigs. I still think he is going to redshirt.
Posts: 14172 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 02-14-2016 07:13 AM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This was Kentucky's best game of the season. They have outstanding guard play. If they rebound, they can beat anybody.

Marcus Lee had been in a funk and had a break out game. His rebounding is just what the doctor ordered for a team that has been has been having a difficult time finishing off opponents. Rebounding will be his ticket to getting a pro contract.

Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 02-14-2016 09:50 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
To me they just looked different, they were confident and played hard in a very tough environment. They play like that the rest of the year and the sky is the limit.

--------------------

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com