TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Doug Sirmons isn’t a popular guy on the internet right now

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Doug Sirmons isn’t a popular guy on the internet right now
eleem
Player
Member # 884

posted 02-13-2016 04:07 PM      Profile for eleem   Email eleem   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Read what Buzz Peterson had to say about the
biased ref.

Doug Sirmons was out of line. Even the South Carolina fans around me feel bad for John Calipari and Kentucky after Calipari was tossed two minutes into the game at the hands of Sirmons. Sirmons sprinted all the way across the court to give Calipari his first technical, then quickly gave him a second and sent him back to the locker room. Those two have never been on good terms, and Sirmons took their hatred for one another to the next level today.

Former Tennessee head coach Buzz Peterson called it “absolutely embarrassing to college officiating.”

Link

Posts: 13248 | From: flatwoods,ky. | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
eleem
Player
Member # 884

posted 02-13-2016 04:10 PM      Profile for eleem   Email eleem   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
WeareBBN February 13, 2016 at 1:55 pm | Permalink

Depends on what Cal actually said. Cal did nothing in his actions to get tossed but what did he say. Now it has to be really bad or a direct remark at Sirmons to warrant the ejection, if not agree with you he should sit for several games.

eleem
Player
Member # 884

posted 02-13-2016 04:10 PM      Profile for eleem   Email eleem   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
wildcatmac February 13, 2016 at 2:50 pm | Permalink | Log in to reply.

I blame ESPN for this. ESPN paid billions of dollars to get the SEC contract. Now they want each and every game to be close with a chance for a major team to lose. That way casual fans keep it on their channel so they get better ratings. Higher rating results in higher prices for the commercials. Just like in football. They want Bama to be in close games. The same with KY in basketball. If KY has a 20-30 point lead the casual fans change it to another channel.
So since the TN game I have not had my tv on any ABC network. No Disney channels and No Disney movies in the theater. And since doing this I have wake up each and every morning just as if I would if I had watched their tv shows.

eleem
Player
Member # 884

posted 02-13-2016 04:12 PM      Profile for eleem   Email eleem   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
ncaa is in on it February 13, 2016 at 3:14 pm | Permalink | Log in to reply.

Ky has always got screwed remember “Don Rutledge” the Ref. But things have gotten worse cause the NCAA hates coach Cal. The book he wrote didnt help. But there should be and investigation into last years tourney seeding. There has never been a stronger overall #1 seed and ky had a crazy hard road. Then go look at Duke’s road to final 4.

SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 02-13-2016 05:59 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The SEC should take some action against him as a referee. To have a minor league official doing such a big time game for first place in the conference does not bode well for the head of officials for the SEC. Tony Green is a good official but Sirmons drug him and the other official down today and even had them calling some ticky tack things. The Kansas game and today's games are the two worst officiated games I have seen this season.

I just read on Yahoo sports where several former coaches are saying Sirmons has Rabbit ears and is not good for the game of college basketball, I agree.

[ 02-13-2016, 06:22 PM: Message edited by: SCWC ]

Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com