TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » ESPN Article on Cal's ejection from SC game today

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: ESPN Article on Cal's ejection from SC game today
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 02-13-2016 04:06 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Article
Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 02-13-2016 04:07 PM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Honestly, a small part of me thinks he did that on purpose.
Posts: 10345 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 02-13-2016 04:11 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It turned out to be the best thing that happened. Those kids looked loose as a goose and played with confidence and never looked over at the bench.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 02-13-2016 06:00 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I don't think he did that on purpose, no way Cal would want to be thrown out of such a big time game. That was a minor league official doing a major league game. I hope the SEC reviews that film and takes Sirmons off any future UK games.

Cal is too much of a competetior to get himself thrown out at the beginning of an important game.

[ 02-13-2016, 06:02 PM: Message edited by: SCWC ]

Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
WildcatFanatic
Player
Member # 2932

posted 02-13-2016 11:59 PM      Profile for WildcatFanatic     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It will be interesting to see how Cal reflects on this. Having your team play better in your absence has to make you think.
Posts: 1531 | From: Lexington, Ky | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 02-14-2016 07:00 AM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by WildcatFanatic:
It will be interesting to see how Cal reflects on this. Having your team play better in your absence has to make you think.

Players don't look at it like that. They see a coach standing up for the players. It does motivate a team, when the HC gets kicked out for arguing bad calls.
Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
WHO?UK
Player
Member # 2286

posted 02-14-2016 08:36 AM      Profile for WHO?UK   Email WHO?UK   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by SCWC:
I don't think he did that on purpose, no way Cal would want to be thrown out of such a big time game. That was a minor league official doing a major league game. I hope the SEC reviews that film and takes Sirmons off any future UK games.

Cal is too much of a competetior to get himself thrown out at the beginning of an important game.

My thoughts exactly!

--------------------
RLTW!

Posts: 845 | From: Savannah Ga | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 02-14-2016 08:54 AM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm not convinced he didn't do it for a motivating factor. I may be mistaken, but I think his getting thrown out made them think about what they were doing more. He may have just started an 18 game winning streak to end this season! [Wink]

[ 02-14-2016, 08:56 AM: Message edited by: Bama Cat ]

Posts: 14165 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 02-14-2016 10:34 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Bama if your right coach Cal is the smartest man in basketball as it sure worked.

--------------------

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
blue hoot
Player
Member # 398

posted 02-14-2016 10:53 AM      Profile for blue hoot     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by WildcatFanatic:

They definitely played lose in his absence. In other games, there are times when they look scared to shoot. They played in this game like it was a fun little scrimmage game. lol I think Cal just needs to settle down and let them play and have fun. If they do something critically wrong that can change the game then he should coach that but not every freaking play.
Posts: 1497 | From: Wimauma, FL | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 02-14-2016 11:13 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
blue, you are smart beyond your years. I think you totally nailed it. This is the most relaxed and ready to play Kentucky team in many years. They were spot on from beginning to end.

--------------------

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com