TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » They took a point away from UK!!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: They took a point away from UK!!
Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 02-13-2016 01:02 PM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
On the review of Ulis's three. He was clearly behind the line and upon review they said NO. It was obvious he was behind the line.

Refs are really bad today.

[ 02-13-2016, 01:04 PM: Message edited by: Trey Ball ]

--------------------
Wife's Mad. Told me we never talk anymore. And just last nite while watching super bowl told her 2 or 3 times to get me a coke and popcorn. Also told her not to forget to take out trash in the morning. Ain't that something. Also told me I was too indecisive. Can't figure out what to do about that. One nice thing I guess. She called me a pro crastinator. Don't know what a crastinator is but I guess I'm a good one for her to call me a pro. Gonna wait til tomorrow to look that up though. I love her but somrtimes can't help but thinking I should have told uncle Junior to keep his coon hound pup and stevens double barrel and also his youngest daughter.

redbone

Posts: 11568 | From: IN, USA | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 02-13-2016 01:10 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I agree Trey, not a well officiated first half. I don't know what Cal was so hot about early to get two technicals. He probably deserved one from actions but you could see Tony Green trying to get the technical official to back off and let him handle it but he wouldn't. I don't know which official it was that called the technicals but think he did a poor job of handling and defusing the situation.
Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 02-13-2016 01:15 PM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It was Sirmons who is an experienced ref. I think Cal was made about USC crashing the boards with no call on their first basket.

I think he was trying to make a point. I actually don't think he was trying to get a T just making his case and Sirmons gave him the quick T and then I think he got pissed for Sirmons with that quick whistle of a T

--------------------
Wife's Mad. Told me we never talk anymore. And just last nite while watching super bowl told her 2 or 3 times to get me a coke and popcorn. Also told her not to forget to take out trash in the morning. Ain't that something. Also told me I was too indecisive. Can't figure out what to do about that. One nice thing I guess. She called me a pro crastinator. Don't know what a crastinator is but I guess I'm a good one for her to call me a pro. Gonna wait til tomorrow to look that up though. I love her but somrtimes can't help but thinking I should have told uncle Junior to keep his coon hound pup and stevens double barrel and also his youngest daughter.

redbone

SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 02-13-2016 01:15 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Trey, they must have re reviewed it, they have added the point back to make it 42. I think you are right, think Cal wanted the first technical to get the officials attention,never expecting the official to go beserk on him. Green really tried to defuse that situation but Simmons wanted to let Cal know he was in charge. Green is a good official, Simmons is not, good officials don't get themselves in that kind of situation.

[ 02-13-2016, 01:18 PM: Message edited by: SCWC ]

SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 02-13-2016 01:19 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I am suprised they are only out rebounding us by 2 on the offensive boards, sure looks like more.
Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 02-13-2016 01:20 PM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I see that. Head of SEC officials probably called in and said hey dumb asses he was clearly behind the line. LOL

--------------------

redbone

SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 02-13-2016 01:38 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We are playing a two three zone, we have to to have enough front line players left to finish game.

[ 02-13-2016, 01:41 PM: Message edited by: SCWC ]

SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 02-13-2016 01:38 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I can't believe some of the fouls I am seeing called against us, terrible officiating.
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 02-13-2016 01:39 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
50 percent from three point line, 8 for 16, great.
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 02-13-2016 01:40 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We are leading rebounding 28 to 27.
Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 02-13-2016 02:17 PM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ray,

I honestly think Sirmons had it in for UK today. Some of his calls and non calls were just ridiculous.

Green, overall, did his normal great job.

--------------------

redbone

Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 02-13-2016 02:17 PM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
They did a nice job with in the Zone.

--------------------

redbone

Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 02-13-2016 02:18 PM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Marcus Lee was great today on the glass and just overall toughness. So was Charles Mathews. I really like that kid. If he keeps working on his shot he is going to be a very good player at UK.

--------------------

redbone

Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 02-13-2016 02:20 PM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I said it in the in game chat. Other than the UT collapse, this team is playing as good as anyone in the Country since the Auburn loss.

--------------------

redbone

SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 02-13-2016 02:50 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Cal is a master at teaching defense and our defense came up real big today. We took SC fans out of the game in the first 8 minutes. There was a ton of blue UK shirts in the arena also, this is always a big game for Ky fans living in the Myrtle Beach area. SC is a football school and their students and fans don't follow basketball that close.

There is no doubt that Simmons had an ax to grind with Cal today. Good officials walk away from things like that. Carerra of SC had been up our players backs twice in a row with nothing being called and that is what got Cal in a rage. The first tech was a good one but a good official would have walked away from that situation, especially when you have two teams for playing for first place in the conference.

[ 02-13-2016, 02:52 PM: Message edited by: SCWC ]

Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 02-13-2016 02:54 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I was surprised (in a good way) at how effectively we played zone today. That will come in handy down the stretch.

Lee played within himself, and played to his potential today. Those lobs were beautiful.

Ullis is incredible. I don't ever recall a guard since perhaps Hawkins that I felt so comfortable watching run the offense. He just makes this team tick in so many ways.

Murray has developed some swagger. Cost us a "T", but I like it.

Speaking of technicals, I can't remember any game where UK collected three of 'em. Congratulations, Mr. Simmons, you had a record night.

I thought Matthews played well tonight. He is a great rebounder.

Skal...well, he looked better, but his stat line still sucks.

Humpries didn't give us much more than a fifth body tonight.

Willis's rebounding has been down the past few games. I hope he isn't losing that 'edge' that he brought when he was named a starter.

Briscoe also played well, played within himself, and had a nice game.

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13619 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com