TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Cal Rumor...

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Cal Rumor...
WHO?UK
Player
Member # 2286

posted 02-12-2016 07:54 AM      Profile for WHO?UK   Email WHO?UK   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yesterday on the Dan Labatard show they were talking about Cal's reported asking price to coach in the NBA. The rumor is, he is asking for 10 years and 120 million guaranteed.

Now they were all laughing at the amount, however they said he is definitely in the right place to ask for that kind of money. Given his current situation in Kentucky he would be crazy not to ask for the that kind of money. None of them think that he will ever get that. But they said there are two coaches in College basketball/football that are capable of asking for that kind of money, those two being Cal and Saban.

I personally think that if he is asking for that much. We are safe! GO BIG BLUE!

--------------------
RLTW!

Posts: 848 | From: Savannah Ga | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
GA Cat
Administrator
Member # 642

posted 02-12-2016 08:57 AM      Profile for GA Cat   Email GA Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
That rumor has been around since the Kings and the Nets rumors two months ago. The rumor is that is what he told both of those teams and neither was willing to pay that.

--------------------
Born Blue, Always Blue
Kentucky Blue, that is...

Posts: 2259 | From: Atlanta, GA, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 02-12-2016 09:30 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Cal's record in the NBA is 72-139 39%. I just don't see him going but if he gets the money he wants you never know. Cal signed a 54 million dollar contract with Kentucky for seven years and has 6 years remaining on the contract which expires in 2022.

Here is what he said after signing the contract.

It's worth noting that Calipari signed the extension before the latest round of speculation that he might leave for an NBA job heated up. On Tuesday, the Times-Picayune reported that he'd expressed interest in the New Orleans Pelicans' head-coaching vacancy, which makes some sense as his former pupils Anthony Davis and Tyreke Evans play there.

But Calipari quickly shot that down on Twitter, writing: "Even though Anthony and Tyreke are in NOLA, I have no interest in the Pelicans or any job. I have a great job and I'm happy at UK."

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Gunny
Player
Member # 2869

posted 02-12-2016 02:49 PM      Profile for Gunny   Email Gunny   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm sure Coach Cal will want a large amount to include a big check when he gets fire after about 3 years. Sort of like what happened his first trip to the NBA. Coach Cal even jokes about how he loved the big check he received last time while he was also getting paid at his new job. He will be making big money no mater what he does. I wish I could by some stock on him.

--------------------
USMC/Gunny

Posts: 332 | From: Elizabethtown Kentucky | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com