TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Poy playing Sat

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Poy playing Sat
raymander
Player
Member # 1965

posted 02-11-2016 10:25 PM      Profile for raymander   Author's Homepage   Email raymander   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Anyone heard if Poy is playing Saturday?
Posts: 142 | From: cincinnati | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 02-11-2016 10:45 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
He had his kinee scoped and I heard it was something about the miniscus so he'll be out a minimum of 2 weeks.
Posts: 14151 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
GA Cat
Administrator
Member # 642

posted 02-12-2016 09:00 AM      Profile for GA Cat   Email GA Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Correct. Cal announced confirmed at the Georgia Post Game Presser that Alex would be out about 2 weeks. I haven't seen confirmation of the miniscus story, but that seems to be the most consistent explanation I have heard.

--------------------
Born Blue, Always Blue
Kentucky Blue, that is...

Posts: 2254 | From: Atlanta, GA, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 02-12-2016 09:08 AM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If it is a partial tear of the meniscus he will be out more than two weeks. Take it from someone who has had meniscus tears in both knees.

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

Posts: 8771 | From: Inverness, FL | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 02-12-2016 09:09 AM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I had my meniscus cleaned out just over a year ago. There's no way I could've played ball two weeks after that procedure.
Posts: 10340 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 02-12-2016 09:15 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I would bet it will be longer being out two weeks is probably is what it will take where he can get back to practicing. To be back in the shape to play high level college basketball it's going to take time to get the confidence to be able to jump and shoot in the manner he is accustomed to and the way Cal would expect.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 02-12-2016 12:57 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The NCAA championship game will be April 4th. That is eight weeks from Monday. Does anybody really think he'll be ready to play by then? I don't. I think his career at UK is over. I really like Alex, and hope he is successful at whatever he does in life.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36269 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 02-12-2016 01:27 PM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I unfortunately think you are right Norm!!

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 02-12-2016 01:52 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I too fear his UK career is over Norm and Ed. I wish it weren't. Alex is a very special young man who has had his share if injuries during his UK career. Hopefully the kids can rally together and win consistently without him. Our last two games with him injured has been some of our better basketball of the season, hopefully they can all pick up the slack and keep it going.
Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 02-12-2016 04:33 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I have felt that way too since I heard the talk about the miniscus. If it is true he is probably finished. I don't feel that he would ask for another year for the year he missed last year due to the operation. If he did that would put him in the old man category like Ellis at Kansas, who seems like he's been there for 10 years.
Posts: 14151 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 02-12-2016 04:44 PM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I am rehabbing my left knee meniscus right now. Partial tear. scoped and now in my 6th week of rehab which started 2 wks after the scope which was dec17.

Sorry to say but no way he comes back - sore knew maybe - meniscus no way!

[ 02-12-2016, 04:45 PM: Message edited by: ukcatfannfl ]

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 02-12-2016 05:04 PM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I won't say 'no way' just yet. The doctors and facilities these kids have access to is amazing. I remember when Rodney Dent rolled his ankle either during or the game before the NCAA tournament. It looked like his ankle bent at a complete right angle. I thought there was no way in heck he'd play the next game, but sure enough he did.
Posts: 10340 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 02-15-2016 09:55 AM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Same with Jeff Shepard during the SEC tourney way back when!!

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com