TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Skal knows he can do better on the boards

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Skal knows he can do better on the boards
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 02-11-2016 08:49 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Before the season started, a seven-rebound game would not have seemed that significant for 7-foot freshman Skal Labissiere.

However, the freshman has struggled to hold his own inside and he credited getting seven rebounds in Tuesday’s win over Georgia to the fact he just kept fighting.

“I know I can do better. That’s something I’m still working on,” he said.

Kentucky coaches have put him through an abundance of individual workouts to help him.

“That’s where the confidence comes from. We’re going at each other in those workouts all the time. The bigs, me and Marcus (Lee), Isaac, Tai (Wynyard), that helps a lot,” Labissiere said.

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 02-12-2016 09:43 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Skal averages 2.9 boards a game which is extreme low for a 7 foot center even for the minutes he has played. One would think Skal needs more experience and coaching before heading to the NBA but...maybe the NBA teams think that they can take a chance and teach him better and faster than what he gets in college basketball.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com