TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Humphries could be next man up

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Humphries could be next man up
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 02-10-2016 08:05 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Next man up. That’s just kind of the theme. One guy goes down, isn’t playing, next guy up,” junior forward Derek Willis said after Tuesday’s win.

Who is the next man?

“I’ve been really impressed with Isaac (Humphries). Even when he came in he was probably the one freshman I was most impressed with. I mean, obviously they’re all very good players, but I liked his skill set,” Willis said.

“He kind of knows how to play the game and he’s a big, physical kid. That’s what we need, I think. Our post presence, it differs at times. I think he could give us a really good post presence once he starts to get comfortable and getting in his little rotation and playing his minutes.”

Link

[ 02-10-2016, 08:05 PM: Message edited by: catmandoo ]

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 02-10-2016 10:27 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I really think Cal thought Skal, Poythress and Lee could get the job done inside when the season started. It has taken him this long to find out for himself that just maybe Willis, Humphries and Skal are the main guys to fill the top three big guy positions. Humphries looks like he is ready for some big minutes inside with Willis and Skal actually making most of their points outside while also playing tough defense inside. If I'm not mistaken these changes may take us back up the top 25 standings and raise us to a higher playoff seed. But I could be mistaken. We'll see what happens this Saturday when we hit the road.
Posts: 14173 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 02-11-2016 09:33 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Humphries is the key and if he is as good as many think we should be pretty good come tournament time.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com