TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Alex to be out

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Alex to be out
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 02-09-2016 07:37 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
A good source is saying Alex had a minor procedure on his knee and will be out the next 10-14 days!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123958 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 02-09-2016 07:39 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
He will be missed, we need him on the inside. It's not a good sign for Poy and the Cats.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186357 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 02-09-2016 08:20 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The Cats will be fine tonight, now Saturday may be a different story altogether!

--------------------

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 02-09-2016 08:26 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Tonight should be a breeze but like you say there will be games we are going to wish Poy was playing.

--------------------

Posts: 186357 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 02-09-2016 08:35 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I honestly haven't seen Georgia play, but they must be decent if they beat S. Carolina!

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 02-09-2016 08:41 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
SC is a very good team so Georgia can't be chopped liver.

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 02-09-2016 08:41 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I sure don't see Georgia beating us in Rupp however.

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 02-09-2016 08:45 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Vegas doesn't either!

--------------------

boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 02-10-2016 06:55 AM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
UK will need a healthy Poythress for the tourney. It will definitely be a chance to get the 7 footer more playing time.

Never good to have a player injured. But better now, than at the very end and lose him when it counts the most

Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 02-10-2016 07:35 AM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
From KSR:

Alex will be out two weeks In case you missed Ryan’s scoop earlier, Alex Poythress reportedly underwent a minor procedure on his knee and will be out 10-14 days. Calipari didn’t divulge whether or not Alex had surgery, but did confirm the timetable for his return after the game, telling reporters Alex will be out “about two weeks.” “It gives him a chance to come back on fire,” Calipari said. “It gives us a chance to get Isaac and these kids chances to play, maybe put Charles Matthews at the four. Our team is playing well, two of our better games. We’ll hold the fort down until Alex comes back. He’s a big part of what we’re doing. He’ll be fine.”
quote:

Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 02-10-2016 11:41 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
In the long run this may have helped our Cats. We are a deeper team being able to get players more minutes and a chance to improve.

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 02-10-2016 11:44 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The big thing will be to see how much Poy's injury and lay-off effects his play. He will need time to get back to the point he was at before the injury.

--------------------

Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 02-10-2016 03:09 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The word I got was it involved the miniscus. If he is supposed to be back in 2 weeks it must not have been torn very bad.
Posts: 14119 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 02-11-2016 06:33 AM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think someone is trying to think positive here. I'd be surprised if he's back that soon!

--------------------

Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 02-11-2016 08:43 AM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm guessing that Humphries was put in the rotation due to need, Poythress is gone. We only have about 24 days and it's tourney time. Got a feeling he may have seen his last days for the blue and white.
Posts: 14119 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 02-11-2016 09:21 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Bama, I hate to say it but agree his days are probably over.

--------------------

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com