TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Secondary logo looks like a panther

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Secondary logo looks like a panther
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 02-06-2016 08:01 AM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
So...Nike came up with new uniforms for the football and basketball team. Along with that is a "secondary logo" that will be used on the basketball warm up shirts and as a logo on the defensive secondary pants.

The logo looks like a panther. Usually, I don't comment on such things, but one would think that if they are going to do some kind of animal, they would try and make it look like a wildcat.

Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
blue hoot
Player
Member # 398

posted 02-06-2016 08:46 AM      Profile for blue hoot     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Agree! Also to me the helmets look the same. Are they different too?
Posts: 1497 | From: Wimauma, FL | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 02-06-2016 09:26 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 02-06-2016 09:40 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Here is the basketball uniform to be used one time against South Carolina on 2-13 2016. Click on the link to see the jerseys.

The new interlocking UK logo will appear for the first time on a UK uniform when the men’s basketball team wears special “Disruption” uniforms for its game at South Carolina on Feb. 13. The remainder of UK’s teams will wear uniforms featuring the new logo for the 2016-17 season. The new Wildcat logo will be featured first on shooting shirts the men’s basketball team will wear for the remainder of the 2015-16 season, beginning Saturday against Florida at Rupp Arena.

Link

--------------------

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ol' Blue
Player
Member # 2317

posted 02-06-2016 10:54 AM      Profile for Ol' Blue   Email Ol' Blue   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I do not care for the secondary logo. It looks like Penn State logo. The basketball stuff doesn't even look like the right color blue! Don't like any of it.

--------------------
Number nine will be divine!!

A man needs something to believe in.........I believe I'll have another beer!

Posts: 2274 | From: Roanoke, TX | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
CatFanInYankeeville
Player
Member # 2025

posted 02-06-2016 01:41 PM      Profile for CatFanInYankeeville     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Why mess with tradition?

--------------------
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian!” Henry Ford

Posts: 5563 | From: Eddyville at heart, Chicago in life | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 02-06-2016 02:19 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
CFIY, I "guess" it's because we are living in new times and tradition changes.

--------------------

WildcatFanatic
Player
Member # 2932

posted 02-06-2016 02:42 PM      Profile for WildcatFanatic     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I agree it doesn't look like a wildcat but more like a panther. Not liking it.
Posts: 1531 | From: Lexington, Ky | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 02-06-2016 02:43 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I don't like it, it is all about Nike selling more merchandise, they could care less about the tradition of the universities they have contracts with. There is not and never has been to my knowledge any black in the UK school colors.
Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 02-06-2016 08:50 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The bad part is that there is not much the public can do about it.

--------------------

SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 02-07-2016 03:30 AM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
There is a lot the public can do about it, they can quit buying Nike stuff that is not in traditional UK colors with proper UK logo's. I quit buying Nike apparel years ago, much too expensive for my taste. I have a ton of UK gear but all of it is off brand, looks better than Nike to me and is half the price.
Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 02-07-2016 08:12 AM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I guess I'll be the odd ball here, but I kind of like it. Sure it could stand to be tweeked a little bit, but it just speaks more modern. Some of the UK emblems that pop up really speak of an older era and a little "old fashioned"!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123990 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 02-07-2016 02:35 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ray, I am with you 100%!

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 02-08-2016 04:37 AM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
NIKE gear is expensive and seems to be sized a little smaller than other gear!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123990 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
blue hoot
Player
Member # 398

posted 02-08-2016 10:05 AM      Profile for blue hoot     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by SCWC:
There is a lot the public can do about it, they can quit buying Nike stuff that is not in traditional UK colors with proper UK logo's. I quit buying Nike apparel years ago, much too expensive for my taste. I have a ton of UK gear but all of it is off brand, looks better than Nike to me and is half the price.

SCWC, I'm with you all the way on this one. Nike apparel is ridiculously expensive. I have a 14 yr old daughter that is crazy about Nike wear and she tells me everyone at school wears it and you almost look out of style without it. I take her at "Dick's" or you can say "Monopoly Dicks" and I will buy one sports bra and a pair of warm-up pants and runs nearly $100. Things are getting out of hand...
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 02-08-2016 10:56 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Nike with all the money they make off college teams should give back some money for scholarships to needy students that can't afford college.

--------------------

blue hoot
Player
Member # 398

posted 02-08-2016 01:52 PM      Profile for blue hoot     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by catmandoo:
Nike with all the money they make off college teams should give back some money for scholarships to needy students that can't afford college.

That would be a great thing to do! [Wink]

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com