TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Bam Adebayo will play on ESPNU at 5 p.m.

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Bam Adebayo will play on ESPNU at 5 p.m.
eleem
Player
Member # 884

posted 01-18-2016 02:39 PM      Profile for eleem   Email eleem   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Still depressed about Kentucky’s lack of a post presence? Soothe your worries by looking ahead to next year. At 5 p.m. Bam Adebayo and High Point Christian Academy will play Chino Hills High School in the Hoophall Classic on ESPNU. Calipari was in Springfield, Massachusetts yesterday to watch his son, Brad, put up 17 points (including five threes) against Wenyen Gabriel’s Wilbraham and Monson Academy. Gabriel also showed out in front of Cal, putting up 18 points, 13 rebounds and eight blocks.

Adebayo’s got a reputation for breaking rims, and hopefully he can boost some spirits in the Big Blue Nation tonight.

Link

Posts: 13248 | From: flatwoods,ky. | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 01-18-2016 02:42 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the heads up on this Eleem, I will be watching.
Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
eleem
Player
Member # 884

posted 01-18-2016 02:51 PM      Profile for eleem   Email eleem   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
So will I, he's a beast.
Posts: 13248 | From: flatwoods,ky. | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 01-18-2016 03:28 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I read where he has had 8 games of 15 or more rebounds and already has been projected the 8th pick in to the 2017 NBA draft.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 01-18-2016 06:56 PM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I watched some of this game. If there is a better player than Lonzo Ball in the country than I would like to see him play. I've watched Tatum and least the games I have seen him play he is not better than Ball.

All I can say about Lonzo Ball is WOW!! That kid really understands the game. Great passer and court vision with high basketball IQ and deep range.

--------------------
Wife's Mad. Told me we never talk anymore. And just last nite while watching super bowl told her 2 or 3 times to get me a coke and popcorn. Also told her not to forget to take out trash in the morning. Ain't that something. Also told me I was too indecisive. Can't figure out what to do about that. One nice thing I guess. She called me a pro crastinator. Don't know what a crastinator is but I guess I'm a good one for her to call me a pro. Gonna wait til tomorrow to look that up though. I love her but somrtimes can't help but thinking I should have told uncle Junior to keep his coon hound pup and stevens double barrel and also his youngest daughter.

redbone

Posts: 11568 | From: IN, USA | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 01-18-2016 07:08 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
UCLA are getting a good one. That Ball kid can do it all. Some of those full court passes he made were incredible. It was hard for me to tell just how good Abedyao might be from watching that game. He has great size, runs the floor extremely well but seemed to be out of position rebounding wise several times, still had over 15 rebounds in the game. He is with a very weak team who do not try to get him the ball. He seemed to have to go after rebounds to be a part of their offense. I love his size and athleticism, I can see him being a bear down low with good guards.
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 01-18-2016 07:19 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ball is UCLA bound, signed with them way back. If Adebayo had 15 boards he has a lot going for him.

--------------------

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 01-19-2016 08:20 AM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Trey, have you seen Fox, he is better in my opinion than Ball. Ball is good but Fox has more speed, athleticism and the same court vision. I am very happy with the guards we have coming in, would not trade them for any two guards in the class of 2017, including Ball.
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 01-19-2016 09:09 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ray, according to 247 sports they have Fox one and Ball two. It looks like they are 1a and 1b. Glad we have Fox.

Link

[ 01-19-2016, 10:45 AM: Message edited by: catmandoo ]

--------------------

SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 01-19-2016 10:16 AM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
ESPN have Smith one, Fox two and Ball three. Big disparity in those two. I trust 247 sports more myself, always have. I have seen Smith play a couple of games, he is good but I don't consider him as good as either Fox or Ball.
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 01-19-2016 11:24 AM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I do agree. Besides, Smith is a lot shorter.
Posts: 14173 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 01-19-2016 12:13 PM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by SCWC:
Trey, have you seen Fox, he is better in my opinion than Ball. Ball is good but Fox has more speed, athleticism and the same court vision. I am very happy with the guards we have coming in, would not trade them for any two guards in the class of 2017, including Ball.

I have not seen Fox play, but glad to hear that he is as talented as Ball. Woo Hoo!! I really don't watch much high school basketball on TV. Just happened to catch that one because of the post here.

--------------------
Wife's Mad. Told me we never talk anymore. And just last nite while watching super bowl told her 2 or 3 times to get me a coke and popcorn. Also told her not to forget to take out trash in the morning. Ain't that something. Also told me I was too indecisive. Can't figure out what to do about that. One nice thing I guess. She called me a pro crastinator. Don't know what a crastinator is but I guess I'm a good one for her to call me a pro. Gonna wait til tomorrow to look that up though. I love her but somrtimes can't help but thinking I should have told uncle Junior to keep his coon hound pup and stevens double barrel and also his youngest daughter.

redbone

SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 01-19-2016 02:09 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Trey, he is as quick as Wall, has an outside shot to go with that speed, can jump through the ceiling of the Arena and is an outstanding passer. I have seen him play twice, he is the real deal. BTW, he is also left handed, something that makes it tough to guard. He and Moss are going to remind us a lot of Wall and Bledsoe with both of them having outside shots to keep defenses honest and leaping ability to dunk over almost anyone. Of course you see that in a high school game and it is very exciting, it does not always transform to the college game but the potential sure is there.

Like you, the think that impresses me so much about Ball is his court savvy, the pace with which he plays and how he certainly makes all of his teammates better but has the outside shot and ability to take over a game if he has too.

[ 01-19-2016, 02:12 PM: Message edited by: SCWC ]

Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 01-19-2016 06:38 PM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Love that he is left handed. I always think natural lefty's have a huge advantage.

--------------------

redbone

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 01-19-2016 07:38 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Fox has John Wall type speed with the ball in his hand!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123991 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 01-19-2016 07:59 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I like his outside shot as it gives him a big advantage. If you try and play him tight he will be around you in a millisecond.

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 01-19-2016 08:04 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
That is a dangerous combination to have!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123991 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 01-19-2016 09:04 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
That's what coachs dream about and Calipari recruits players that can shoot and drive..

--------------------

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com