TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Cal says Briscoe and Murray have to grow up fast

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Cal says Briscoe and Murray have to grow up fast
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 01-17-2016 11:16 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 

Kentucky coach John Calipari was not in a forgiving mood after his team blew a 12-point second half lead and lost at Auburn Saturday.

For the first time, he especially singled out freshmen guards Isaiah Briscoe and Jamal Murray for not making winning plays after UK got the 12-point lead.

"My freshmen – first of all, like Isaiah fouling. I’m yelling the whole time, ‘Give him space, don’t foul, give him space.’ And he pushed up. Did exactly the opposite of what I said. Foul, two points, OK," Calipari said.

"Jamal Murray made about five plays, the lefty throw, the jump ball, the missile from nearly half court, and he thought the corner 3 was the one that hurt us. No, it wasn’t. We would have never needed that.

"But here’s what’s happened for him and Isaiah: Because I have a couple other guys no-showing us, I’m expecting them to be 23-year-old, winning basketball players who are 19 and aren’t ready for this. But they’re going to have to grow up fast if we’re going to take this thing to where it needs to go.”

Link

 

 

 

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 01-17-2016 03:44 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
HE has now called someone else out on the carpet besides Willis!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123991 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 01-17-2016 04:53 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Cal is starting to blame the players for the losses, that is a different approach for him. He has in the past blamed himself, this team he is taking it out on the individuals. I recall the Briscoe call, I thought it was a bad call myself by the official. The officiating certainly did not help us against Auburn yesterday.
Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 01-17-2016 08:27 PM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by m hamilton:
HE has now called someone else out on the carpet besides Willis!

Well it worked on Willis. Let's hope it works on Lee and Poythress. Those are most likely the no-shows he was talking about.

I honestly think it's time for me to stop thinking that Poythress is gonna be a better player. I believe he's as good right now as he's ever gonna be. I always hoped he'd get better.

Posts: 10348 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 01-18-2016 06:11 AM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm just like you, PC. I guess the huge games like the one against Bama are too few and far between!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123991 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 01-18-2016 08:07 AM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Alex had his best year at UK when he was a freshman, he was a starter on that team opposite Noel. We all know how that season ended but if anything, Alex basketball wise has regressed in his 4th year at UK.
Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 01-18-2016 11:00 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If Poy played the same minutes as Ulis he would average a double-double with 13.3 points and 10.2 rebounds a game. Willis also would show some good stats if he played Ulis's minutes with 14.2 points and 7.3 boards a game.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 01-18-2016 11:11 AM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
But Ulis gets you consistent stats. He rarely scores 25 points one game and then 6 the next. Poy is our only true power forward. He has scored less than 10 points in all but six games. That's not good. Poy has three double-doubles this year. Ulis has two. That's really not good.

Willis just had the best game of his career. His effort was off the charts. Hopefully we get that from him the rest of the season.

Posts: 10348 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com