TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Poy takes the criticism and continues on

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Poy takes the criticism and continues on
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 11-25-2015 04:27 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Here is some of what Kentucky senior Alex Poythress had to say after Tuesday's win over Boston University when he had 14 points and 10 rebounds -- his second straight double-double.

On his four dunks in a short time frame …

“I just took what the defense gave me and just tried to drive to the basket and just elevate over defenders.”

On whether he’s finally making coach John Caliparil happy …

“I’m trying. I don’t if know he’ll ever be happy, but I’m trying.”

On whether that’s the springiest he’s felt since injury …

“Yeah, yeah. A little bit. I mean, it’s getting better each and every day. So I’m just taking it day by day.”

On Calipari getting on him early …

“Yeah, but that’s expected from him. I just gotta take the criticism and just continue.”

On whether it would be weird if Calipari weren’t getting after him …

“Yeah, that’s a bad problem. That’s when you—as Coach said, if he’s not yelling at you he doesn’t really care about. He expects the best. He doesn’t settle for less. It’s what we’re trying to do.”

On whether Calipari getting on him is a compliment …

“Yeah, you can take it as a compliment. I’m just trying to play out there, for real.”

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 11-26-2015 10:44 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Cal doesn't play favorites, just ask Willis. The only player I can remember he didn't say much to was Cousins. I think if he had all hell would have broke loose. Cal is no dummy.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com