TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Mulder worries about team and not his lack of playing time

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Mulder worries about team and not his lack of playing time
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 11-24-2015 05:42 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Junior college transfer Mychal Mulder turned down chances to be a likely starter at several schools when he decided to sign with Kentucky where he has played only sparingly this season.

His playing time could be limited all season with Jamal Murray, Isaiah Briscoe, Charles Matthews and Dominique Hawkins all vying for the same time on the court.

Yet Mulder insists he could not be happier.

“I’m loving it. It’s been real fun. It’s a great opportunity, so it’s going well,” said Mulder.

Going well? How many juniors would have that attitude knowing they expected to play a lot more?

“It’s not really something I’m worried about. I’m worried about how the team is doing right now and what ways we have to go to move forward. So I mean, we’re all battling in practice and opportunities come. So I’m not that worried. I’m just waiting,” Mulder said.

Link

[ 11-24-2015, 05:43 PM: Message edited by: catmandoo ]

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 11-24-2015 05:45 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
His time will come and when it does he will be ready and a big part of Kentucky basketball.

--------------------

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 11-24-2015 07:16 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
With the guards we have coming in next season, it is going to be awfully hard for him to get enough playing time to give him a shot at making an NBA roster after college. He is supposed to be a three point shooter and maybe he will get more time if and when we start facing more. I do like that attitude though.
Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 11-25-2015 09:15 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Mulder played for 1 minute in last nights game. I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't transfer at seasons end as like Ray points out it isn't going to get much if any better for him with the new talented guards we have coming in next year.

--------------------

SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 11-25-2015 11:38 AM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Last night was the type of game I felt Mulder would help in with Boston playing that packed in zone. I guess it is a lot different being a JUCO star and being a major outside shooting thread at a division one school. Boston U were begging us to shoot three point shots. I am very concerned about our three point shooting and free throw shooting now, we will have to do better in those two categories to be a top ten team this season. I was impressed with the team effort against Duke but am just not feeling that this is a team that will make a deep run into the NCAA this year. I sure hope they prove my feelings wrong. I like our guards but we just don't have the front line to make life easier for our guards to operate.

[ 11-25-2015, 11:40 AM: Message edited by: SCWC ]

boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 11-25-2015 03:09 PM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Not even sure what the young man looks like, let alone about his game. Too early in the season for me to have an opinion on the young man.
Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
EnterpriseCat
Player
Member # 2881

posted 11-26-2015 09:25 AM      Profile for EnterpriseCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm most concerned about FT shooting. With the new rules, fouls will be called far more frequently and the teams that shoot FT's best will win close games.

[ 11-26-2015, 09:25 AM: Message edited by: EnterpriseCat ]

--------------------
Romans 8:38-39

JD4U

Posts: 2307 | From: Enterprise, AL | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
EnterpriseCat
Player
Member # 2881

posted 11-26-2015 09:26 AM      Profile for EnterpriseCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm most concerned about FT shooting. With the new rules, fouls will called far more frequently and the teams that shoot FT's best will win close games.

--------------------
Romans 8:38-39

JD4U

Posts: 2307 | From: Enterprise, AL | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 11-26-2015 09:50 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Good point EC, the Cats are shooting only 65.1% going 84 out of 129 free throws this season. The other shooting stat which is real bad is our 3 point shooting, we have only made 25 out of 84 three's for 29%. On the good side we have shot real well from the field shooting 49%.

--------------------

SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 11-26-2015 09:51 AM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If we continue on as we are right now, free throw shooting and 3 point shooting are going to be a thorn in our sides as the season progresses along.

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com