TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » 3 quick things from Boston U preview

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 3 quick things from Boston U preview
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 11-24-2015 05:31 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
1. Reacting to being No. 1 -- again

The new Associated Press college basketball poll is out and as expected after North Carolina's loss over the weekend, Kentucky is No. 1 once again.

Assistant coach John Robic subbed for head coach John Calipari at the Monday press conference. When asked what the staff wants the team to react to being the No. 1 team, Robic said it's an honor, but not all that important at this point of the season.

"Not to make a big deal of it," Robic said. "It's November, but that's great. . . . It's kind of a neat thing to be honest with you."

2. Isaiah Briscoe is a sponge

Robic was asked which player on the team has impressed the staff with his willingness to learn. The coach didn't hesitate with his answer.

"Isaiah Briscoe," he said. "He's a sponge. He listens to everything you say. He's really smart. He does what coach asks him to do. Still learning. Impressed of how he's playing defensively. When he's aggressive, he's a tough out, he's a tough matchup."

3. What about Boston U?

So what about the Terriers, who play Kentucky in a 9 p.m. start on Tuesday night? This is the second straight year coach Joe Jones has brought his team to Rupp Arena. Boston U. trailed just 40-35 at the half last season before losing 89-65.

"Watching the game last year, they have everybody back off that team," Robic said. "They have two players that are out right now that haven't played yet -- (Cedric) Hankerson and (Eric) Fanning. Last year they really spread us out and tried to drive us, probably because of our size. They mixed it up man and zone against us. I would anticipate that again. They are 2-2. They should be 4-0 after watching the tapes."

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 11-24-2015 07:57 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I don't believe the game is on SEC network li9ke it says on the schedule. I can't find it anywhere on my TV and I can't get that WatchESPN.
Posts: 14157 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 11-24-2015 08:04 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Direct TV 611 has it

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 11-24-2015 08:28 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The SEC network are carrying it as the second game of a double header. Tenn are playing Army right now, and UK will follow at 9pm.
Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com