TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Writer has no doubts about Cal's Hall of Fame credentials

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Writer has no doubts about Cal's Hall of Fame credentials
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 11-23-2015 03:01 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Aaron Torres is a college basketball writer for Fox Sports who has written a book — “One and Fun: A Behind the Scenes Look at John Calipari and the 2010 Kentucky Wildcats” — about John Calipari’s first season at UK with John Wall, DeMarcus Cousins, Patrick Patterson, Eric Bledsoe and others.

Recently I got to ask him if there was any doubt in his mind that Calipari belonged in the College Basketball Hall of Fame after the time he spent researching his recent book.

“I’ve got to be honest: When the news first surfaced that he was going to be elected, I was a little surprised. In my mind he was ‘on his way’ to being a Hall of Fame coach, but I can’t say that I thought he was there yet,” said Torres. “But then I started to think about everything Calipari has done over the course of his career: One national championship. Six Final Fours at three different schools. Winning at levels never seen before at UMass and Memphis.

Torres said two specific numbers made him a total believer in Calipari’s Hall of Fame status.

“The first is that for most coaches, making it to the second weekend of the NCAA Tournament (the Sweet 16 or beyond) is considered a solid year,” Torres said. “Coaches get raises, promotions and other job opportunities for getting there. Some coaches at some schools can make a career out of it. It also proves that a coach has his team playing their best basketball late in the season.

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 11-23-2015 03:02 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
His numbers don't lie, he is a Hall of Fame coach.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com