TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » The Tubster took Minnesota and Lilttle Pitino to school

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Tubster took Minnesota and Lilttle Pitino to school
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 11-22-2015 06:51 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 

Texas Tech beats Minnesota 81-68 in Puerto Rico Tipoff.

Texas Tech coach Tubby Smith didn't want to make a big deal out of facing his former Minnesota program.

Turns out, the veteran coach did feel a little extra emotion about it after all.

Devaugntah Williams scored 21 points to help Texas Tech beat Minnesota 81-68 in Sunday's fifth-place game at the Puerto Rico Tipoff, giving Smith a win against the program he led for six seasons.

"It's sort of like ... when I played against my sons in the backyard or playing against relatives or close friends," Smith said. "That's tough to do because you respect them, you care about them, you want them to do well. But you still want to win."

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186357 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 11-22-2015 07:26 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I enjoyed watching that game. I have watched a lot of basketball today and will be all week with the Maui tournament and all the other ones going on, wall to wall basketball for me, never get tired of watching it. Watching Florida get killed by Purdue right now, two more games to go before the day is over. This is my time of year, never get tired of seeing all the different basketball teams play. Also watching Oklahoma State and Long Beach State and getting ready for Butler/Miami.

From what I have seen thus far, the SEC looks to be still down considerably. LSU and Kentucky appear to be the cream of the crop from early games I have watched. The other rated SEC team, Vandy, had to go overtime at home to beat Stony Brook and if all goes right, we should see them play Indiana on Tuesday in the Maui classic.

I love WATCH ESPN, have got to see the lady cats basketball and volleyball teams get wins today via that site.

[ 11-22-2015, 07:32 PM: Message edited by: SCWC ]

Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 11-22-2015 08:19 PM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I caught the end of the game. It's funny how much little Richard looks like papa. And it was nice to see ol' Tubby continue to put the beat-down on the Pitino clan. [Smile]
Posts: 10322 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 11-22-2015 08:42 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
What I like about Tubby he is so cool and never braggadocious.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186357 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 11-22-2015 09:02 PM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I was glad he left when he did. It was a shame that the AD hired Billy Clyde instead of Calipari and we had to wait for him to get here.
Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com