TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Briscoe, our lock down defender

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Briscoe, our lock down defender
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 11-22-2015 05:02 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Duke have now played five games, Allen, their shooting guard has scored 28, 26, 6, 30 and 32 in those five games. Briscoe guarded him last Tuesday night when we played them and held him scoreless in the first half and to a season low scoring total of 6 points. If the rest of our team start playing lock down defense like Briscoe, we can be awfully tough. Allen is quite a scorer and after watching him Friday night and again today, I take my hat off to Briscoe for the job he did in holding this young man in check for 40 minutes.

I just got through watching him score 32 against Georgetown, making five of six three point shots. Like Norm, I hate to see Duke beat anyone and felt Georgetown would beat them today, that is why I watched. Georgetown folded in the second half however and ruined a perfectly good Sunday for me by letting the Pukies get a win.

[ 11-22-2015, 05:04 PM: Message edited by: SCWC ]

Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 11-22-2015 05:29 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Briscoe held Allen to 2-11 from the field, just 2 three point attempts and 4 t/o's. That is a heck of a job and not enough was said about it. Ray, thanks for pointing that out.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 11-22-2015 05:56 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Briscoe and Ulis give us two outstanding defensive guards and Murray will learn that aspect of the game as the season goes on. I will take our guards over any I have seen play this season thus far.
Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 11-22-2015 10:07 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We probably will see those 3 guards on the same floor together a lot through the season. It helps when both Briscoe and Murray are averaging 5 1/2 boards a game.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com