TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Briscoe says chemistry improved with win over Duke

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Briscoe says chemistry improved with win over Duke
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 11-19-2015 07:40 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Freshman guard Isaiah Briscoe says Kentucky’s chemistry improved with the win over Duke Tuesday.

“I think we came together more as a team. I think our team chemistry increased during that game and I’m just getting more comfortable with playing college basketball,” said Briscoe. “It was a big game for us and we were thrown into the fire early and we had to come together quickly.”

Kentucky coach John Calipari said Briscoe’s biggest problem was that he played so much harder — he had 11 points, 12 rebounds — than he had in practice that it led to leg cramps.

“I was playing hard, playing as hard as I can and I just started cramping,” Briscoe said.

He’s now eating more bananas and doing other things to prevent cramping.

“On game day, I’m not used to eating a lot and drinking a lot, so it’s just making sure I get the right amount of fluids in my body,” he said.

He’s also not used to being a defensive stopper, yet that is what he looked like limiting Duke’s Grayson Allen in Tuesday’s win. He said no one back home in New Jersey would have expected that from him.

“Growing up I just wasn’t forced to play defense. But coming here, Cal, he’s holding everybody accountable for what they know how to do and he thinks I can be the best defender in the country. So he’s going to push me to be that,” he said.

He said friends back home had a simple question for him after the Duke game.

“‘Since when did you start playing defense?’” Briscoe said they asked. “Ever since I got here Coach Cal has been making me.”

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 11-20-2015 07:24 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It's good to hear the team chemistry is so good. This team looks like they enjoy playing with each other and share the ball like they do.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com