TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » SportsBettingDime.com has Kentucky as national champion favorite

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: SportsBettingDime.com has Kentucky as national champion favorite
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 11-19-2015 07:23 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
2015-16 NCAA Basketball Odds and Props

Odds of winning the NCAA Championship

Kentucky: 6/1

Kansas: 8/1

Maryland: 10/1

North Carolina: 10/1

Duke: 12/1

Michigan State: 12/1

Virginia: 20/1

Wichita State: 20/1

California: 25/1

Iowa State: 25/1

Villanova: 25/1

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 11-19-2015 07:36 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
As we all know, just being good, even the best, is not enough. You have to be lucky as well. I'm more than ready for some of that luck.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36269 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 11-19-2015 07:39 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
By the way; I don't mean to sound bitter. I'm not. I enjoyed last season immensely. I'd love to win another championship, but I'll take a season like that every year. I'd much rather be disappointed once than 8 or 10 times.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 11-19-2015 08:12 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I know I picked us to lose 4 games this year but I'm starting to feel that is wrong. If we have enough luck we can win them all again.
Posts: 14151 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 11-19-2015 09:02 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I really don't expect to go very long this year without a defeat. Last year was an anomaly. We pulled out several games by the hair of our chinny chin chin!

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 11-20-2015 03:34 AM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I don't mean to sound negative but the Duke team we beat the other night is not a very good team. We do have great talent, athleticism etc and if our front line comes along with our guards, we could cut down the nets in April. It sure is fun being a Kentucky basketball fan these days. To watch ESPN and read all the internet articles about how we just reload sure does bring a smile to my face. We should have won it all last year with the team we had but like Norm said, you have to have some luck to go along with the talent to bring home the big trophy. Our day is coming, very soon.
Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
Don
Player
Member # 2711

posted 11-20-2015 06:52 AM      Profile for Don     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Over the last 42 games our record is 41 - 1
Not bad and it will continue to grow

Posts: 289 | From: Wichita, Ks | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 11-20-2015 08:28 AM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
In a one and done tournament, you have to be lucky as well as good.

I am no expert, but from what I see so far at the start of this season, Kentucky has better scorers, than last season. Kentucky will absolutely kill teams with guard play, this year.

Skal is still a wobbly colt, but he is very coordinated, offensively. The Australian kid is only 17 and will be a huge lift coming off the bench.

I don't care if they a lose a game or two in the regular season.

By mid season, the big men will have found their groove and everyone will be asking if they can be beaten.

I do think Kentucky will and should be the favorite and be the number one seed going into tourney.

Kentucky was an Alex Poythress injury away from a title, last season. He may be the X factor this year as well. He provided the toughness and rebounding in the Duke game. I believe he will be putting up solid offensive numbers, as the season progresses and he gets over his injury.

Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 11-20-2015 10:46 AM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm sure hoping we see a different Poythress soon. What I have seen so far this year in 3 short games is just a continuance of what we have seen his whole career. It's now or never for him or he won't get drafted. He has to get into the flow of the game more and get more touches. I imagine Cal will be satisfied if his defensive numbers are all that he gives but I'd like to see him add some offensive numbers also.
Posts: 14151 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com