TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Scal's guardian on his eligibility

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Scal's guardian on his eligibility
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 10-08-2015 07:38 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
When asked if the NCAA had declared Labissiere eligible, the player's guardian, Gerald Hamilton, said, "Not yet. We're just trying to get everything squared away. They are asking a few questions."

Hamilton echoed the assurances UK has given about Labissiere eventually being eligible.

"They haven't cleared him, but we're sticking with our faith," Hamilton told ESPN.com. "There's no real concern about anything from the Kentucky compliance people."

UK Athletics spokesman Eric Lindsey said that the school would not comment on any player's eligibility until the first regular-season game, which is against Albany on Nov. 13. There is no deadline for when the NCAA might make a determination on a player's eligibility, he said.

"Everyone has been practicing," Lindsey said.

Labissiere's eligibility has been a topic of wide-spread speculation in the recruiting world.

"There's a lot of talk of Skal's situation and eligibility dating back a year or two years ago," said Evan Daniels, a recruiting analyst for Scout.com. "I don't think it's necessarily a big story yet. If he hasn't been cleared a month from now, then it's a big story."

Link

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186357 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 10-09-2015 03:12 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I sure hope we hear something real soon as the longer this plays out the scarier it gets.

--------------------

Posts: 186357 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 10-12-2015 09:23 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This isn't getting any better. What scared me was the late signing of Humphries back late in August. Hopefully this will turn out OK but when the NCAA is involved it isn't good for the Cats.

--------------------

bigbluerev
Player
Member # 1633

posted 10-13-2015 01:40 PM      Profile for bigbluerev     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
I sure hope we hear something real soon as the longer this plays out the scarier it gets.
You're not going to hear anything from UK until the first game. That's what UK's Eric Lindsey said in the article. That is their policy regarding every player. Its a good policy. Our right to know doesn't supercede the player's right to some privacy.

What is going on right now are some journalists looking for hits on their articles. They know UK fans eat it all up. If you look at the article there is absolutely nothing new or revealing about it.

Here's what the article "informs" us of:
Skal is not cleared yet
His guardian is being asked some questions
UK is not worried

We've known every bit of that for months now; nothing new.

By the way, can anyone tell whether Ben Simmons is cleared yet? How about Jamal Murray or Isaac Humphries. What about Malik Newman? The answer is no. All we know about them is we're not hearing from any journalists that they aren't cleared.

Seems like I remember some journalist saying Anthony Davis received $200,000 from Cal and UK before he came here. How did that work out?

--------------------
Personal Responsibility - stop looking to the government or anyone else to take care of you. www.GodMakesSense.com www.RefreshingRain.com

Posts: 1806 | From: Cold Spring, KY | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 10-13-2015 03:51 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
bbr, your a breath of fresh air and really enjoy reading your positive posts. Feel better already. [Smile]

--------------------

bigbluerev
Player
Member # 1633

posted 10-13-2015 05:19 PM      Profile for bigbluerev     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
thanks Cat -

now having said all that I will be prepared to storm the NCAA castle with fire should they do something stupid re Skal [Smile]

--------------------
Personal Responsibility - stop looking to the government or anyone else to take care of you. www.GodMakesSense.com www.RefreshingRain.com

Posts: 1806 | From: Cold Spring, KY | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 10-13-2015 07:19 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
bbr, count me right with you!

--------------------

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com