TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Scal still waiting for NCAA to clear him to play

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Scal still waiting for NCAA to clear him to play
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 10-07-2015 12:42 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It's going to go down to the wire which isn't unlike the NCAA way of doing things.

Skal Labissiere has not been cleared to play by the NCAA, his guardian told ESPN on Wednesday.

"Not yet," Labissiere's guardian, Gerald Hamilton, told ESPN. "We're just trying to get everything squared away. They are asking a few questions.

"They haven't cleared him, but we're sticking with our faith," he added. "There's no real concern about anything from the Kentucky compliance people."

When asked about the specific reason Labissiere has yet to be cleared, Hamilton told ESPN he did not wish to comment.

Kentucky spokesman Eric Lindsey told ESPN the school will not confirm eligibility of its players until game-day but did say that Labissiere has been practicing with the team.

Multiple sources told ESPN that the NCAA was looking into Hamilton and his relationship with Labissiere, but Hamilton declined to comment on whether that was the holdup.

The NCAA had no immediate comment Wednesday.

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 10-07-2015 02:39 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It's a shame they have a whole list of college people from across this country but they never seem to hire anyone intelligent todo their job in a timely matter, and when they do get it done it's not fair to the school or the athlete. [Mad]
Posts: 14173 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 10-07-2015 04:15 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It's a good thing Cal got Humphries just in case the NCAA does something stupid like they have been known to do.

--------------------

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Jarcat
Player
Member # 95

posted 10-07-2015 05:34 PM      Profile for Jarcat   Email Jarcat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If this were Duke it wouldn't even warrant an investigation.

--------------------
The truth is out there

Posts: 3014 | From: Lexington, KY | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 10-07-2015 08:19 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Your right on Jarcat plus Cal has never been on the NCAA's preferred list and neither has Kentucky for that matter.

--------------------

ukman
Player
Member # 3032

posted 10-08-2015 06:34 AM      Profile for ukman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This worries me. I don't like the sound of it at all, and I am worried that the NCAA will drag this on into the season. I hope this gets taken care of. It's ridiculous though that there are certain schools out there that have broke the rules with academic fraud, everyone knows it, it has been proven, and yet no penalty really for them. Hope we hear good news soon.
Posts: 5441 | From: georgia | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
CatFanInYankeeville
Player
Member # 2025

posted 10-08-2015 08:21 AM      Profile for CatFanInYankeeville     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm telling you guys, the NCAA is going to find every way they can to screw us. Not a surprise, I konw, but true, nonetheless.

--------------------
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian!” Henry Ford

Posts: 5563 | From: Eddyville at heart, Chicago in life | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 10-08-2015 09:07 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think with Sandy Bell as our compliance officer we should be in pretty good shape as I am sure she has checked "every thing" out and if she thinks he we are on solid ground it will be only time before he is deemed eligible by the NCAA. There is no doubt the NCAA has been a pain in the butt to Kentucky and they may make us wait but in the end they have to concede Skal is eligible.

--------------------

boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 10-08-2015 10:46 AM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Nothing pissed me off more than the NCAA clearing house giving Bledsoe the green light and then backtracking on it later in the season and taking a second look. That was pure crap. Had the changed their mind, and said UK had to forfeit games, the UK fans would have went nuts and blamed Cal. The Top programs should leave the NCAA and start their own thing. The tourney money is kept by the NCAA, not the schools. I have not figured out they they haven't left already.
Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 10-08-2015 02:46 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Sandy Bell was here a few years ago when we had a similar case and we didn't get to play him. Kantor
I would love to see a new organization of the top conferences.

Posts: 14173 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 10-08-2015 04:12 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Bama, I was wondering if she was here when the Kantor fiasco was going on. At least we were not penalized after the fact as we might have if he played. Not sure if she should get credit for that or not.
Posts: 5410 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 10-08-2015 05:18 PM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by handycat:
Bama, I was wondering if she was here when the Kantor fiasco was going on. At least we were not penalized after the fact as we might have if he played. Not sure if she should get credit for that or not.

I truly believe Kanter was denied eligibility because the former Washing University president, who was the Head of the NCAA at the time had a personal grudge against Kentucky for taking recruits. Had Kanter went to a diff school, he would have been allowed to play. Just my theory.
Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 10-08-2015 06:30 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Boom, finally, a conspiracy theory that I buy into. [Smile]
Posts: 5410 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com