TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Cal on Poy and Mulder

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Cal on Poy and Mulder
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 10-07-2015 12:13 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Question: Can Alex Poythress be an in-your-face type of leader?

Kentucky coach John Calipari: "He'll never do that, but he'll lead. The guys are going to listen to him. They respect him."

Question: Is there anything he can do to help Poythress over that mental hurdle from his knee injury?

Calipari: "He's going to have to do. I told him, 'You can't tiptoe shoot.' I said, 'The biggest thing Derrick Rose told me is your lift is different, which means your shot is different.' So, you can't tiptoe shoot because then you go out to shoot and it's off anyway. I told him, 'You have to extend and jump every time or shoot free throws. No tip toes because it's not a shot you're going to take in a game.' The last thing that will come will be how does he shoot the ball?"

Question: What will Mychal Mulder's role be?

Calipari: "He's a first-year guy. You walk in this place, it doesn't matter if you're 20 or 17, 1 or 21. He's a first-year guy. What he does is he can shoot the ball. He's a catch and shoot guy. He's a good athlete, and he's got to find his way, just like Charles Matthews has to find his way. Derek (Willis), I hope, and Dom (Hawkins) look at this and say, 'Alright, this is the best opportunity since I've been here to play. Now I got to take advantage of this.' But they have to find their way. They have to create their space. It's by what you do, not by how you act. It's what you do, how you play, how do I create that? He's one of those guys.

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com