TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Scal's potential similar to other UK bigs

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Scal's potential similar to other UK bigs
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 10-05-2015 04:04 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think by the tournament time Skal will be in the same ball park talent wise as KAT.

[b]Skal Labissiere is supposed to be the latest in this line of players who succeeded for a season at Kentucky before proceeding to the NBA. Naturally, this invites inevitable and irresistible urges to compare UK's expected big man star of the present with his predecessors.

Calipari will not play this game.

After noting that former UK coach Joe B. Hall compared Labissiere favorably with Towns at this early stage, Calipari said he responded by saying, "But Karl has a fight in him. Skal's not there yet."

And don't even suggest that Labissiere is another Davis. This causes Calipari to shake his head.

"He's not that, believe me," he said of Labissiere. "A.D. is a freak of nature. A.D., I'm guessing, within the next few years is the best player in the universe."

While Labissiere has been projected as the first pick in next year's NBA Draft, Calipari wants him to evolve as a player as normally as can be possible at Kentucky.

That will come this season in UK practices and, hopefully, games. Questions about amateurism followed Labissiere through the AAU circuit. That evokes the memory of another big man in the Kentucky pipeline: Enes Kanter. The NCAA ruled Kanter ineligible. So he proceeded without succeeding in UK games.

"I will play this year," Labissiere said.

When asked why he was so sure of that, he said, "We just have a good feeling about it. I will play this year."

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 10-05-2015 04:05 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It's going to be a fun year watching him get better by the game and it won't be a surprise if he leads this team all the way to the final four.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com