TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Cal on Mathews-Lee and Ulis

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Cal on Mathews-Lee and Ulis
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 10-05-2015 01:05 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Question: Can Charles Matthews be a DeAndre Liggins-like defensive player?

Kentucky coach John Calipari: “That's a pretty good comparison. And then DeAndre ended up being a pretty good scorer for us too. But it took him time. You know, Charles, he could be one of those finishers where we're all making plays and he is the guy getting the ball in the basket. His mid-range is not bad. His ability at the basket is good. He's an offensive rebound and as a defender and as an energy guy.”

Question: What do you expect from Marcus Lee this year?

Calipari: “His skills are better. His confidence is better. Think about this. You walk in the gym and there's Willie Cauley (Stein), there's Karl Towns and there's Dakari (Johnson) and you, and you're fighting for time. There are days you're confident, and there are days you've been crushed. So now, I think he looks out there and he's well beyond Skal physically, conditioning and being able to stay up with the game. Like he and Tyler in pick-and-rolls, he knows. He's been through this. H's shown a confidence level. Now he's got to go in and be able to make 15-footers, because they're not going to play him out on the floor. Make free throws. You know what I mean? Things like that. Be a consistent kind of kid. I think he's up for that. I think that's what he wants to do.”

Question: How much can Ulis help Lee do what he does best?

Calipari: “Dunking around the goal, catching lobs and doing that. Tyler will find him and make it easy for him. But Jamal is that way, too. Jamal is a play-making, scoring kind of guard. You put the ball in his hands and something good is going to happen. Isaiah, again, learning to play north-south. East-west stuff ain't happening here. It's not and-one tape. It's not what it is, so he's learning to play north and south and his body's changing and he's playing faster. His instincts are good. Jamal's instincts are good. Tylers instincts are good too. You're always going to have two of them on the court, and maybe three, which means that they'll make the game easy for everybody.”

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com