TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Skal came to Kentucky to be pushed

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Skal came to Kentucky to be pushed
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 10-02-2015 09:36 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
He will be pushed no doubt about it!

No matter how often he sees the lofty NBA draft projections for him even before he plays his first game at Kentucky, freshman center Skal Labissiere knows he’s not yet NBA ready.

“I know I have a lot of work to do. That is why I came here to be pushed every single day. I think I am in the right spot. I am trying to focus on getting better and getting my teammates better and just being a leader on the team,” said Labissiere.

Kentucky coach John Calipari said there is no questioning the skills the 7-foot Labissiere has. Instead, he says he has to learn to “fight” daily like Karl-Anthony Towns did last season when he developed into the No. 1 overall draft pick after UK’s 38-1 season.

Calipari also warns not to compare Labissiere to Anthony Davis, who led UK to the 2012 national title and is now considered one of the NBA’s best players.

“Anthony is a freak of nature,” Calipari said. “I want Skal to be the best he can be. But I am telling you he has a ways to go. He knows it and will be the first to tell you. He’s a great kid. He’s trying to find his way. For us to be what we can, he has to have a presence.”

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com