TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Murray is on campus

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Murray is on campus
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 08-26-2015 12:40 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Good news for all us Kentucky fans.

The wait is over. Jamal Murray is on Kentucky's campus.

The Canadian sensation arrived in Lexington Monday, just in time for the start of classes at UK Wednesday, his father, Roger Murray, confirmed to CatsPause.com.

Although there was very little doubt that Murray would ultimately make his way to campus to play for the Wildcats, because of his involvement with the Canadian Men's Senior National Team, it had been unclear over the last several weeks as to when that would actually be.

Murray had been in training camp with Canada basketball in preparation for their upcoming Olympic qualifying run at the FIBA Americas in Mexico City later this month, but there was also a 'drop dead' date Murray had to be on UK's campus to maintain his eligibility.

Canada coach Jay Triano and Kentucky coach John Calipari had been working in conjunction to find a way were Murray could do both but logistically, it just wasn't meant to be.

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186357 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
WildcatFanatic
Player
Member # 2932

posted 08-26-2015 05:24 PM      Profile for WildcatFanatic     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This is good to hear. Another piece of the puzzle in place! Go Cats!!
Posts: 1531 | From: Lexington, Ky | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 08-26-2015 09:22 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It's going to be a fun year as this team has the talent to do so many things so well. If everything goes according to plan we are going to see a whole lot of 3's made this season. We have Ulis coming back who made 43% of his 3 point shots last season, Willis who is a good 3 point shooter, Poythress who shot over 42% of his 3's in 2012-2013, Murray who shot over 40% of his 3's in the Pan Am games and Isaiah Briscoe who won the BallIsLife All-American 3-point shootout. That's a whole lot of fire power and teams will have a hard time zoning us. The way we can run, along with our bigs inside makes us a heck of a hard team to guard. Can't wait to see this team play!

Down low we have the size and talent that is going to be scary good come tournament time with the following talent:

Marcus Lee 6'9 220
Alex Poythress 6'8 238
Derek Willis 6'9 220
Skal Labissiere 7'0 215
Isaac Humphries 7'0 250
Tai Wynyard 6'10 260 (second semester)

Put all that talent with a coach like Cal along with the best fan base in the country and the sky is the limit!

[ 08-26-2015, 09:59 PM: Message edited by: catmandoo ]

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186357 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 08-27-2015 10:02 AM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Anyone remember BJM? Before Jamal Murry?

One would have thought Atlantis was sinking into the ocean( reference to UK's basketball dominance and Cal's recruiting prowess.

I thought the suicide hotline was lighting up all over the bluegrass. No chance to be top 5 team, next season? Calapri has lost his mojo? The end is near? Oh the tragedy and despair!

The fan base is a collective gluttonous and greedy monster. Undefeated season is not good enough, because they lost in the final four. Really?

It seems to happen every season. Fans fret over recruiting, line ups, future games, tourney seeding, and the end of season outcome is never good enough if it is not a championship. Kentucky has such a spoiled fan base.

My rant is not aimed at anyone in particular, but the whole Murray deal is what finally silenced that vociferous segment of the fan base that is always complaining. Silenced them for this past recruiting season, that is. Now, let's all brace for that next topic that those unsatisfied fans will find to complain or worry about. I can't wait.

Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 08-27-2015 12:02 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It won't take long.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36264 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
WHO?UK
Player
Member # 2286

posted 08-27-2015 01:27 PM      Profile for WHO?UK   Email WHO?UK   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I had no complaints when Clyde was the Coach. I may have and extra thick pair of Blue Shades but its unconditional. It is also fun to spin it in the Cats favor any way I can justify it.

--------------------
RLTW!

Posts: 836 | From: Savannah Ga | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 08-27-2015 04:55 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I for one, Could not stand Billy Clyde from the get go. The first time I saw him in action, I knew the AD had screwed up. There are those on here that will verify that. Didn't like him even a little bit. I do like your Dad though, so there's that. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36264 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
WHO?UK
Player
Member # 2286

posted 08-28-2015 07:13 AM      Profile for WHO?UK   Email WHO?UK   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Old Norm:
I for one, Could not stand Billy Clyde from the get go. The first time I saw him in action, I knew the AD had screwed up. There are those on here that will verify that. Didn't like him even a little bit. I do like your Dad though, so there's that. [Big Grin]

Well I wouldnt say I liked Clyde... But It was entertaining watching him run from the news reporters. As for my Dad. He is ok I guess.

--------------------
RLTW!

Posts: 836 | From: Savannah Ga | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com