TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Wynyard is sure he will be at UK in December

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Wynyard is sure he will be at UK in December
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 08-23-2015 02:28 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Tai will be a good addition to this years team.

I'm sure I will be coming to UK in December to begin classes winter/spring semester,” Wynyard said. “I'm looking forward to and excited about joining the program in December.”

Two of his teammates will be recent additions Jamal Murray of Canada and Isaach Humphries of Australia, players that the New Zealand native knows well.

“I've played with and against both of them. They are very talented players and I look forward to joining them in December,” Wynyard said.

He talked with coach John Calipari one day this week and says he stays in constant touch with the UK staff. And UK fans make sure to stay in touch with him on social media.

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 08-23-2015 08:53 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
He could possibly redshirt if he's only coming in for half a season!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123991 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 08-23-2015 09:43 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think he wants to play. I don't think he is worrying about only getting 3 1/2 years of playing time. He may be gone after 1 1/2 years anyway.
Posts: 14172 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 08-23-2015 09:59 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We have three 7 footers or close to it in Labissiere, Humphries and Wynyard who reports to the Cats in December. I don't think any of them are totally cleared to play at Kentucky. It is a bit concerning that Cal brought in three centers at one time and makes you wonder if he isn't covering his backside in case one or two of these bigs don't qualify. He always seems to be ahead of everyone and you can bet when the season starts we are going to have at least one big center ready to go and probably two.

--------------------

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
bigbluerev
Player
Member # 1633

posted 08-23-2015 10:12 PM      Profile for bigbluerev     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Why do you think Labissiere is not eligible? There is absolutely nothing that would indicate he is not eligible. If you are waiting for an announcement that he is eligible don't hold your breath. Have you ever heard an announcement that Briscoe is eligible, how about Matthews? What about last year's freshmen? The point is they don't make announcements when players are cleared. That's not how it works.

There is no reason to believe Labissiere is not eligible.

--------------------
Personal Responsibility - stop looking to the government or anyone else to take care of you. www.GodMakesSense.com www.RefreshingRain.com

Posts: 1806 | From: Cold Spring, KY | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 08-24-2015 10:38 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Here is a article that gives you the full scoop on why the NCAA may not have released their finding on Skal's eligibility yet. Keep in mind this article was written October 28th 2014 right before Skal even started high school. It all so be noted this is the first year of Research Your Dream Prep. I think if your honest you can see why there is some concern over the school and his eligibility.

Hopefully this will all work out and I think it will as the one big thing we have going for us Cal and UK would not have recruited Skal if they had any doubt that he wouldn't be deemed eligible......

Link

--------------------

Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 08-24-2015 11:39 AM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
He didn't get transferrewd to a school where he could play top competition. In the end it was poor competition and he basically got where he could play ball at all. As long as his transcript is legal and he has completed the required course he should be able to play. I really know nothing about the other 2 kids but assuming they completed the required course in their homeland they will be eligible. I don't know of any instance where these other two have collected any money for their play. I am pretty comfortable that when Wynyard gets here we will have 3 big guys eligible to play.
Posts: 14172 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com