TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Humphries is to young to be one and done.

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Humphries is to young to be one and done.
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 08-21-2015 07:42 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I doubt he would be drafted anyways and who knows we get to see him for four years.

On Thursday, it was announced that Humphries, now 17, will be a Wildcat.

The 7-footer from Australia has signed with UK and is expected to be eligible to play for the Cats in the upcoming 2015-16 season. High school coach Brad Johnstin has been helping Humphries navigate the recruiting process, and he told the Herald-Leader that UK's new signee would move to Lexington on Saturday.

Unlike many high school prospects who jump up a class, this move was not made to get Humphries to the NBA any quicker.

The UK signee turned 17 in January, and NBA Draft age eligibility rules will prevent him from entering the draft until 2017 at the earliest. That means Humphries will be a Wildcat for at least two seasons.

"He has to go to college for two years ... ," Johnstin said. "It's a free year of unbelievable development. It was a no-brainer."

Link

[ 08-21-2015, 07:44 PM: Message edited by: catmandoo ]

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186357 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
WHO?UK
Player
Member # 2286

posted 08-22-2015 08:28 AM      Profile for WHO?UK   Email WHO?UK   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I couldn't be happier about this one.

--------------------
RLTW!

Posts: 836 | From: Savannah Ga | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 08-22-2015 09:17 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Cal did a great job picking up Harrellson and Humphries could turn out like him.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186357 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 08-22-2015 10:08 AM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I don't think Cal "picked up" Harrellson. I know he played for, and sat in a bathroom stall for, none other than Billy Clyde.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36264 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com