TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Cal says Humphries reminds him of Harrellson

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Cal says Humphries reminds him of Harrellson
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 08-21-2015 10:16 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
“I watched Isaac when he first came over to the United States in high school in Indiana and was impressed with his skill and size,” Calipari said. “He reminded me of a much bigger Josh Harrellson. He’s very skilled, has great hands and is a great passer. To have a 7-footer who just turned 17, he has a lot still in front of him, and the best part is he wants the challenge of playing at Kentucky.”

A 7-footer from Australia, Humphries was originally a member of the 2016 class before just recently reclassifying to 2015. As a member of the 2016 class, he was rated a top-50 prospect by most major recruiting services.

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 08-21-2015 10:23 AM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Harrelson would not have played a lot his senor year, had Kanter been elligible. I truly believe that the NCAA making Kanter inelligible was personal between Emmerett, the NCAA president, and Calipari. I think Emmerit held a grudge over Cal taking Washington's prize recruit away from them.

That being said, this new 7 footer appears to be way beyond the talent level of Harreloson, who couldn't contribute any meaningful minutes until his senior season. No, I don't think he is a one and done, but he will be a kid who could be a real contributor by his soph and junior season.

And, Calipari comparing him to Harrelson may be as much a statement to other big men that he is recruiting than to the press in general.

[ 08-21-2015, 10:26 AM: Message edited by: boomdaddy ]

Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 08-21-2015 10:36 AM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
To my untrained eye, it looks like we're going to have a pretty decent team again this year. Maybe not a 38-0 team, but one that will be capable of beating anybody they play. I am more than ready. Wish I could get that excited about Kentucky football. I just can't. I guess I'm a band wagon fan. Losing all the time ain't no fun.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36271 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 08-21-2015 10:53 AM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Old Norm:
To my untrained eye, it looks like we're going to have a pretty decent team again this year. Maybe not a 38-0 team, but one that will be capable of beating anybody they play. I am more than ready. Wish I could get that excited about Kentucky football. I just can't. I guess I'm a band wagon fan. Losing all the time ain't no fun.

I can't blame any long suffering fan for being jaded. But, there will be plenty of room on the football band wagon for you to jump on, when you get to see the product that is put on the field this season.

Kentucky is the only college team I root for. I can watch other teams play football, but I have no interest in watching any other college team play basketball, because basketball is an inferior sport compared to football. If Kentucky is not playing, I have no interest in basketball.

By the way, I am not going to be that guy who says I told you so about Kentucky going to a bowl game this season. I believe it is going to happen. But, I understand that it is a " I gotta see it before I believe it" situation for some of the fan base.

This will be a great season for those Kentucky fans who have been let down by scores or preseason optimism, only to find out that it was fools gold. This will be a fun season to watch and a great season to be a Kentucky football fan.

Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 08-21-2015 02:37 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I hope everything said above comes true but.............like you say, when I see it I'll believe it. They can win 6 or 7 games but if they do they will have to beat some good SEC teams. If they do it will mean Stoops is starting to build the team like he wants to. If they end up with 4 or 5 wins that is really what I am seeing. Stoops could start to be getting in trouble. It would mean the hype is bigger than the action.
Posts: 14172 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com