TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Rex Chapman trying to rebuild his life

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Rex Chapman trying to rebuild his life
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 07-28-2015 02:22 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
A sad story for sure and hopefully his problems are behind him and he can rebuild his life back to better times.

Chapman, 47, says he doesn't recall committing these alleged crimes because he was in a scrambled, foggy state of mind, which was largely the result of an addiction to prescription narcotics that stretches back more than 15 years. Ten days after his arrest Chapman checked himself into a treatment hospital in Louisville, his third stint in rehab since he retired as a player in 2000.

As he tries to rebuild his life, he says he is ready to face the truth, even if his story about the thefts sounds like a lie. As one fan put it to a Phoenix TV station when the story broke, "The public lifts these players way up, and they forget that they have a responsibility."

"I don't want to claim something I don't remember," Chapman shrugs. "I'm just being as open and honest as I can be. I remember very little about it, little to none."

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com