TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Early guess at SEC final standings

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Early guess at SEC final standings
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 07-22-2015 07:48 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Looks good to me.

1. Kentucky: An easy call. Kentucky will probably win the league by four games. Intrigued to see how good Isaiah Briscoe is in Cal's offense.

2. LSU: Johnny Jones lost his two best players, but he's got Ben Simmons (future No. 1 pick?) and a potentially stellar backcourt in Antonio Blakeney/Brandon Sampson.

3. Georgia: Gimme the Dawgs to make a run of it here. They've got a great backcourt, and I think they'll be a very fun watch in the league.

4. Vanderbilt: Vandy will likely be chic pick to take second in the league. Kevin Stallings last made the NCAAs in 2012. Should be back in 2016.

5. Texas A & M: Billy Kennedy's fifth year, and he'll most likely make the NCAAs this season due four four-star freshmen, plus Danuel House and Jalen Jones.

6. Ole Miss: Marshall Henderson took 34.6 percent of Ole Miss' shots his senior season, in 2013-14; I'm guessing Stefan Moody breaks that mark in 2015-16.

7. Mississippi State: Guessing high on MSU here, as Howland is no doubt a really good coach, and Malik Newman could be a stud right off the bat.

8. Florida: Last year's team was an absolute mess, and I'm thinking UF won't crack 20 Ws in White's first year. We'll see if big man John Egbunu breaks out.

9. Auburn: Bruce Pearl won't make the NCAA Tournament next season, but the one after that? He should have a good shot. Tigers on the move.

10. Arkansas: They lose Michael Qualls and Bobby Portis, meaning last year's 27-9 mark is better than what's to come in 2015-16.

11. South Carolina: Frank Martin's kind of just ... existing at South Carolina. The Gamecocks still don't have depth. Sindarius Thornwell a darkhouse all-league choice.

12. Tennessee: Vols start over AGAIN. Barnes was with Texas and made the NCAAs all but once in 17 seasons. They'll love him forever at this UT if he does that.

13. Missouri: Anyone's guess as to how Missouri climbs out from the depths at the moment. You wonder if this might be a five- or six-year dormancy.

14. Alabama Johnson was hired after Bama couldn't get Gregg Marshall, despite offering north of $4 million. How long before he hears the NBA call again?

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 07-22-2015 09:13 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Really strange thinking that Billy Donovan won't be roaming the sidelines for Florida any more. I actually will miss him.

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13624 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 07-23-2015 09:00 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Donovan compiled a great record at Florida with 2 National Championships, 6 SEC championships, and 4 SEC tournament Championships. His 2013-14 squad became the first team in SEC history to have an 18-0 regular season conference record.

It's going to be interesting to see how he does in the NBA.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com