TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Nazr Mohammed the ultimate warrior

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Nazr Mohammed the ultimate warrior
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 07-21-2015 05:46 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
A special player and better yet a special man! Great article, I only copied a small part of it and is worthy of reading the whole article.

I’m a free agent. After 17 seasons playing NBA basketball, I’m currently at a point where I’m trying to decide what I do next – continue playing basketball or pursue a post-playing career. There are a few factors in play that are making this decision kind of tough for me.

First is that I simply love the game of basketball. I still love playing basketball and everything about this game – the camaraderie, the competition, working together with a group of guys toward a common goal of winning a championship. My passion for this game today is still the same as it was when I first discovered that I was going to be pretty good back in 8th grade. And I feel like I have some unfinished business and some basketball left in my body.

The shocking part is that my body still feels great. I’ve always heard that as a professional athlete starts getting older, your body starts hurting. But I have yet to experience that. I listen to my body, but I don’t take much time off. When the season ends, I get right back to working. I may put the basketball down for a while so I can recover from a long season, but then I’ll focus on weight training, plyometrics, Bikram yoga, CrossFit, swimming, Pilates, track, MMA and other types of conditioning to keep my body in shape. You name it, I’ve done it. So I still feel really good.

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com