TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Newbie

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Newbie
bluethru
Player
Member # 1767

posted 06-29-2015 12:47 PM      Profile for bluethru   Email bluethru   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I love UK basketball, but don't follow it the way y'all do, so I'm not familiar with the inside information etc. My question is what happens to a player if they don't get drafted. Do they move on or is there still good possibilities for them in the Pros.

--------------------
Rick
www.ohioCCW.org

Posts: 355 | From: Hamilton, Ohio | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 06-29-2015 02:08 PM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I am no expert, by any means. NBA teams have summer leagues now that free agents go and play on and the teams evaluate them to see if they want to put them on their roster.

They can also go over season and play for money. A former KY player just came back for playing in an over seas league and is now on a summer league NBA team.

Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 06-29-2015 03:29 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
They are just like free agents in baseball. They have to do their own work in getting any team to sign them.
Posts: 14172 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com