TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Harrison twins - major questions.

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Harrison twins - major questions.
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 06-23-2015 07:37 AM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Not much new here.

http://www.si.com/nba/2015/06/22/nba-draft-harrison-twins-aaron-andrew-isaiah-briscoe-tyler-ulis-john-calipari-karl-anthony-towns

Posts: 5402 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 06-23-2015 07:57 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Andrew should be fine but Aaron may have to work his way to the NBA but still could have a good career abroad. They both are intelligent young men and will do well in life.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 06-23-2015 10:10 AM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Cal is wrong about his players being drafted higher than what people think. He has blue glasses like the rest of us and he wants them all to do well just like us. But I just don't think they will do as well as he thinks, except for Karl. I do think Karl will go #1 because Okafor has made it known he doesn't want to play for MN. Willie is dropping down in the standings mainly because of his disappearing offense. He plays in streaks as we saw in the tourney. Trey and Devin could go anywhere from 8-20. Dakari could slip to the 2md round because of his jumping ability. I still think Andrew drops to the middle of the 2nd round and Aaron...........sorry.
Posts: 14162 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
ukman
Player
Member # 3032

posted 06-23-2015 02:11 PM      Profile for ukman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I always thought that Towns, Booker, and Lyles would go early to mid first round. I just don't see WCS being worth a high pick. He can play defense on all 5 positions in college, but the NBA is different. I think he can have a decent career in the NBA, but not an all-star career. I can see him being a decent role player who can bring some energy and protect the rim in spurts. Dakari and Andrew I definitely see as a 2nd round pick if that. Aaron I think is out of luck as far as the NBA goes. It's a shame Dakari and the twins didn't return.
Posts: 5439 | From: georgia | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 06-23-2015 03:14 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Everything I read and hear is that towns goes #1 period. Does not matter where Okafor wants to play. From what I hear/read is that Okafor might not even goe #2 to LA. Not sure that I believe that. Other than that, I pretty much agree with Bama's assessment.
Posts: 5402 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 06-23-2015 05:33 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Trey and Devin both could be lottery picks based on team needs. I sure wouldn't count them out yet and WCS has a "outside chance" but read where he may have some medical issues and it could affect his draft status.

Willie Cauley-Stein's "background and medical history" could cause him to fall in Thursday's NBA Draft, according to a report from Draft Express.

Cauley-Stein, the 7-foot center from Kentucky who's tantalizing athleticism has some envisioning him as a future defensive star, was projected just a few weeks ago as going as high as No. 4 to the Knicks. But health issues are aways a concern when it comes to big men and it appears that some of the teams picking towards the top of the draft are being scared off by something in the 21-year-old Cauley-Stein's background, per Draft Express.

The concern stems over a foot injury that caused Cauley-Stein to miss the 2014 NCAA Tournament. Some doctors are concern with the way the injury has healed. DraftExpress reports Cauley-Stein's foot has some "maintenance that needs to be done," according to some team physicians.

Link

--------------------

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 06-26-2015 06:12 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
KAT was no surprise as the number one pick. WCS did real well in the draft and wouldn't be surprised if he didn't get a lot of minutes with the Kings especially if Cousins gets traded in the off-season. Trey and Devin really came trough and was glad to see both of them as lottery picks but wasn't one bit surprised. Andrew will have his shot as a second round pick and believe he will compete for a roster spot with the Suns. Dakari wasn't far behind Andrew in the second round. Dakari with his size and rebounding ability will get his chance to show what he can do and wouldn't be surprised if he didn't make the Thunders squad at some point in the season. Aaron will have his shot with the Hornets in the summer league. He is a tough kid and will do well this summer vying for a roster spot or playing professional basketball somewhere.

--------------------

Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 06-26-2015 06:56 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Booker to the Suns was a brilliant draft. BTW, the Suns already traded Andrew to the Grizzlies. Not familiar enough with them to know if that is a good thing or not.

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13623 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com