TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Cal - "games gotten way too rough"

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Cal - "games gotten way too rough"
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 05-28-2015 09:51 AM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/05/27/kentuckys-john-calipari-believes-college-basketballs-gotten-way-too-rough/

I think I would be in the minority but I like physical play in the college game. IMO, the problem lies in the inconsistent calling of fouls by the ref's.

Posts: 5377 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 05-28-2015 11:49 AM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Physical play has certainly become a part of the game but it is a part I too wish they could clean up some way. One of the problems SEC teams have in the NCAA is that they do call a lot of cheap fouls within the conference that are not called in NCAA play thus giving conference teams a decided disadvantage come tournament time. Basketball is supposed to be a non contact sport but it is everything but that anymore. I prefer finesse over the physical style of play myself.
Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 05-28-2015 07:58 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We're just out of luck on the physical play. It all starts at the NBA level and works it's way down to the high school level. Basketball will never be a game of finesse again, sadly.
Posts: 14120 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com