TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Andrew impresses the Jazz in workout

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Andrew impresses the Jazz in workout
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 05-25-2015 03:51 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Andrew has a much better chance at getting drafted than Aaron because of his point guard training. He can play both guard positions and feel he is going to make a better shooting guard than point guard.

Tony Jones of the Salt Lake Tribune reported that Kentucky point guard Andrew Harrison worked out for the Utah Jazz with five other players, including former Louisville player Tony Rozier.

"It's going to be tough, but I'm excited to show teams what I can do without him (his twin brother Aaron Harrison), and he without me. I kind of like being by myself. I think we're both excited to be looked at as players, and not as a tandem,” Andrew Harrison told Jones.

Jazz's vice president of player personnel Walt Perrin told Jones that Harrison didn't shoot it as well as he wanted but said the Jazz front office was still impressed with his play, especially since he had a wrist injury.

"I thought he played pretty well," Perrin told Jones. "I thought he competed and he fought hard. Most of the guys in this workout, this is the first time they've worked out for an individual team, so I thought they had to adjust to that."

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
ukman
Player
Member # 3032

posted 05-26-2015 07:47 PM      Profile for ukman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yeah, I thought it would have been nice to have Aaron back for 1 more year and Andrew go to the NBA. I just thought Andrew has a better chance of being drafted this year than Aaron.
Posts: 5441 | From: georgia | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 05-26-2015 07:51 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I guess he has an agent but if you haven't got an agent isn't there a date in June you can drop out of the draft?
Posts: 14173 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 05-27-2015 06:32 AM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
He's already made money off of autograph signings, Bama. He's now officially a pro!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123991 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 05-27-2015 05:22 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The way the NCAA works I'll bet if he donated all that money to charity they would let him back in.
Posts: 14173 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
ukman
Player
Member # 3032

posted 05-27-2015 05:44 PM      Profile for ukman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If he went or UNC or Duke they would, not UK.
Posts: 5441 | From: georgia | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 05-29-2015 01:38 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Isn't that the truth, when it comes to UK you can forget any common sense from the NCAA.

--------------------

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 05-29-2015 08:05 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Andrew could be intriguing to the Bulls per this article.

Mark Strotman of www.csnchicago.com has an interesting perspective on how Andrew Harrison would be the perfect fit for Chicago in the right scenario. He wrote:

"The Bulls don't have a second-round pick in this year's draft, and Harrison isn't an option at No. 22 (in the first round). If the Bulls were to get back into the second round, Harrison certainly would fill a need.

"The starting point guard on last year's historic Kentucky team, Harrison has excellent size, distributes out of the pick and roll well and has an improving 3-point shot. Kirk Hinrich and Aaron Brooks simply didn't get the job done behind Derrick Rose, especially late in the season and into the playoffs.

"They need to upgrade behind Derrick Rose, and while the last Kentucky point guard the Bulls drafted didn't work out so well (Marquis Teague) Harrison is an intriguing prospect on the second unit."

Link

--------------------

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com