TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Some nuggets on Mulder

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Some nuggets on Mulder
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 05-24-2015 05:32 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
He could be a awesome sign.

Playing in the NBA: “I think anybody who plays sports at this level has aspirations to play professionally. I have always had that dream but I have always taken it one step at a time. I wanted to win in high school and that was my goal. At Vincennes I wanted to maximize my potential. It gives me chills to watch the (NCAA) tournament and see the intensity. My dream has been to play on that stage and now I have the opportunity to get as many wins in Lexington as possible and then carry that to my next dream of playing professionally.”

Advice to future players at Vincennes: “My advice would be to stay focused. Going the junior college route, people expect a lot of garbage out of you. They think you are lazy, not academically inclined. I would tell them coach Franklin always has your best interest in mind. He’s a hard coach to play for at times because he is so enthusiastic and intense but at the end of the day you will love him and he will love you. He will also get you as many wins as possible.”

Watching Kentucky play on its exhibition trip to Windsor, Canada, in the summer of 2010: “Anyone who loves basketball went to the games. They were a really good squad then and put a little smack on my team. Me and my dad and my high school coach where there. Nobody wanted to miss those games.”

Why basketball over hockey: “I just had a love for it. I played baseball, soccer. I never did get into hockey. I knew early that basketball was my first love but I never expected an opportunity like I have now at Kentucky.”

How anxious is he to be at Kentucky: “I think about it all the time. From the second I wake up until I go to sleep, I think about it. Growing up you watch Kentucky games and those are the games you dream of playing in. I am not intimidated that I did not take the same route to Kentucky as most guys there did. I still feel like my journey is a good story and will get better.”

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 05-25-2015 10:50 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Mulder shot 44.7 percent (88 of 197) from 3-point range last season.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
ALA_KAT2
Player
Member # 1559

posted 05-26-2015 06:04 PM      Profile for ALA_KAT2   Email ALA_KAT2   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I hope Cal doesn't bring in Murray and take away Mulder's minutes. Cal will absolutely play a 'One n Doner' ahead of a more talented and more experienced player just to keep his NBA draftee pipeline record intact. Hope it's not true, but that's the way I feel.

--------------------
Adair CHS 1966/USAF/WKU/AT&T

GO BIG BLUE!

Posts: 4046 | From: Louisville, KY | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com