TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » NCAA/UNC

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: NCAA/UNC
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 05-22-2015 11:55 AM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
"It’s about to go down in Chapel Hill, y’all. According to Inside Carolina, UNC has received its Notice of Allegations from the NCAA. No further details are available right now."

KSR Link

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36264 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 05-22-2015 12:02 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I just came on here to post another story about the UNC scandal and thought I would just go ahead and put it on with this one.

http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/05/21/north-carolinas-roy-williams-discusses-impact-of-ncaa-investigation-on-recruiting/

quote:
On the UNC academic scandal and NCAA investigation. Williams says he hasn’t signed some top recruits the past couple of years because players fear the school will be put on probation:

“It would help if the NCAA would just tell us what the allegations are. That would help because it would give us the information. It’s been a hard process, and I know that has been quite a lot of negative recruiting going on and other things that don’t make you very happy.

“But at the same time, we made some mistakes at our university, mistakes we are not proud of. And yet it has been so sensationalized, just off the charts about what has happened.

“We’ve lost over 30 people at the university – chancellor, athletic director, football coach, head of academic support. We’ve initiated over 75 new policies.

Sure does make you feel sorry for poor ole Roy. I just know he had no idea what was going on. [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 5377 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 05-22-2015 01:49 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Let's hope they will get the same treatment any other school would get for committing the same violations.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186357 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
CatFanInYankeeville
Player
Member # 2025

posted 05-22-2015 06:08 PM      Profile for CatFanInYankeeville     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by catmandoo:
Let's hope they will get the same treatment any other school would get for committing the same violations.

No, let's hope they get the treatment Kentucky would get for the same violations. UK would get a freaking death penalty for this.

--------------------
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian!” Henry Ford

Posts: 5563 | From: Eddyville at heart, Chicago in life | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 05-22-2015 07:56 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Usually North Carolina and Duke have their out set of rules which never even consider penalties no matter what the infraction. This time though I think North Carolina have pooped in their mess kit and won't get rewarded for it. Hope so anyway.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186357 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com