TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Cal proud of academic record of sports teams

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Cal proud of academic record of sports teams
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 05-21-2015 10:08 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It's truly amazing how the athletic department has supported their athletes in so many ways. It makes one proud to be a Kentucky fan!

– The University of Kentucky has a school-record three teams – women’s cross country, men’s golf and men’s basketball – that have received awards for their Academic Progress Rate scores, the NCAA announced Wednesday.

The Wildcat squads received the honor for placing in the top 10 percent of Division I schools in their respective sports. The APR provides a real-time look at a team's academic success by the progress of each student-athlete on scholarship. The APR scores are a four-year composite, covering the 2010-11 through 2013-14 school years, that measure eligibility, retention and graduation.

"I'm proud of what has happened on the court with the Final Fours, national championship and league titles, but I'm just as proud of the commitment our young people make to academics,” Calipari said. “To be honored in this way says a lot about their character and their drive to be lifetime learners. Congrats to Mike Stone and our academic support staff. They're the best in the business."

Link

[ 05-21-2015, 10:11 AM: Message edited by: catmandoo ]

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com