TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Propsed rule changes.

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Propsed rule changes.
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 05-17-2015 09:52 AM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
What do you think? For the most part I would be in favor of them.

30 second shot clock is kind of a no brainer as most of us expected this. 1 less time out per team would be ok with me.

I like the idea of 10 seconds to get the ball across the half court line and a time out does not reset the time. ie, call time out after 8 seconds behind the line and you only have 2 seconds left to get the ball across mid court.

I like the idea of calling a flagrant foul on a player "faking" a foul. Not sure how easy that would be to enforce and may cause more controversy than it would be worth.

There are other interesting proposed rule changes in the article.

[ 05-17-2015, 05:32 PM: Message edited by: handycat ]

Posts: 5379 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
AshTuckyUKfan
Player
Member # 3065

posted 05-17-2015 10:17 AM      Profile for AshTuckyUKfan     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I love the removal of the 5 second call, I always thought that was a ridiculous rule.
Posts: 369 | From: Ashland KY | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 05-17-2015 10:28 AM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
They hardly ever called it anyway. I think Ulis may have gotten it called on his opponent a couple of times last season.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36266 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 05-17-2015 05:07 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I got a different story in the hot spot listed above. Here is the list I found. I thought this was the committees recommendations and not been approved yet. I may be wrong but I don't think all of these have been approved by the NCAA yet. Has anyone got a story saying they have been approved?

1. Shot Clock – The shot clock will be reduced from 35 second to 30 seconds.
2. Number of timeouts reduced from five to four, with no more than three being carried over into the second half.
3.Team timeouts with 30 seconds prior to media timeouts will become media timeouts, with exception of first team timeout in second half.
4.Move restricted-area arc out from three to four feet.
5. Elimination of five-second closely-guarded call
6. Allow pregame warmup dunking
7. 10-second backcourt timer will not reset after timeout
8. Eliminating coach-called live ball timeouts
9. Instant Replay can be used to determine shot clock violation calls.

Posts: 14132 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 05-17-2015 05:41 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Bama, I screwed up and posted the wrong link, senior moment I suppose. The link that I "intended" to post had the same list that you posted. I removed the link from my original post.

You're right, they have not been approved by the NCAA as of yet. I hope that most if not all are approved. The one that I read but could not find again proposed a flagrant foul called on a player taking a flop on a charge or something to that effect.

Posts: 5379 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 05-17-2015 06:46 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I love that 'flopping' one handy. Of all those listed proposals, I'd like that one most!

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 05-17-2015 06:47 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Dook would never win another game with that in effect!

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 05-17-2015 07:29 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Norm, great minds think alike. When I saw that proposed flopping rule I immediately thought of Duke and the way the play defense, always flopping.,
Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 05-17-2015 09:50 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I don't think they could expect to really enforce that as a rule unless they allowed the refs to use replay.I would be in favor of allowing them to use replay to enforce it. They would have to add some stipulations such as a coach could ask for the play to be reviewed. But they would have to put a limit on the number of times a coach could ask for them to use the replay.
Posts: 14132 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 05-19-2015 06:17 AM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It's probably plays like Chris Jones pulled last year where the phantom elbow took him to the floor where the no flop rule would really come into play!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123969 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com