TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Ulis ready to lead

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Ulis ready to lead
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 05-14-2015 07:37 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Not to many of us Cat fans realized just how good his assist to turn-over ratio really was.

Now the featured player has moved on, and it's Ulis' time to take center stage.

"I have to lead more, be more of a leader on and off the court," Ulis said. "I'll probably play more minutes than last year. I can't be behind the (Harrison) twins. They took a lot off our shoulders this year, and I have to just be able to step up."

As a freshman, the 5-foot-9 Ulis "came in here and just fit in," he said, learning from the bench to start games, then providing a spark off it with Kentucky's second unit. He averaged 5.6 points and 3.6 assists per game. Ulis finished with 135 assists -- four fewer than Harrison's season total in two fewer games and 112 fewer minutes. And Ulis' assist-to-turnover ratio of 3.55 was third-best in Division I.

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 05-15-2015 09:34 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
To have a assist to t/o ratio that was 3rd best in all of Div. 1 basketball is a awesome stat! If he can follow that up playing the minutes he will be playing this coming season he is going to be a high NBA prospect for sure.

--------------------

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 05-15-2015 10:25 AM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Playing more minutes per game he may have more turnovers. But he may have more assists too. We'll just have to wait to see which one he has more of.
Posts: 14137 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 05-15-2015 11:09 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It's a no brainer he definitely will have more assists. He is a pass first point guard who can shoot and there aren't many of those around like Ulis.

--------------------

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com