TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Mulder's shooting will be a key the Cats success

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Mulder's shooting will be a key the Cats success
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 04-28-2015 06:42 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Mulder is going to be a big surprise and hopefully will help the Cats to over achieve.

“It sounds like he’s just kind of the missing piece to what they need,” said JucoRecruiting.com’s Brad Winton. “He’ll be able to knock down shots at that level, and he’ll have the space to do it.
“And he’ll be able to give those guys so much more room to operate.”

The guys Winton is referring to are point guards Tyler Ulis and Isaiah Briscoe, who will likely start alongside each other in UK’s backcourt next season.

Winton, who has evaluated Mulder several times over the past year, said Mulder is not just a shooter.

The newest Wildcat can create his own scoring opportunities by driving to the basket, and he’s not a liability on the defensive end. He’s also been described by coaches and scouts as a team-first player who works hard off the court.

“Heckuva great kid,” Winton said. “No issues, no baggage, none of that stuff. People assume that if he’s juco, there’s got to be something wrong. And that’s wrong, most of the time.
“Off the court, he’s going to do whatever they ask him to, for sure. He’ll be a good guy in practice, and he’ll be good as far as leading other guys, too.”

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 04-28-2015 06:50 PM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
He is a bench player, not a star. Nothing wrong with him getting minutes. But, I don't see him as a D1 starter, especially at Kentucky.

I do think he is a good player to have. Every team needs role players.

[ 04-28-2015, 06:52 PM: Message edited by: boomdaddy ]

Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 04-28-2015 10:59 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Looks like we have plenty of them this next year. Hawkins, Lee, Willis, Mulder and Matthews. Good thing we got Labissiere, Ulis, Briscoe and Poythress. I don't want to believe it but we are on the edge of going in one of two directions. I hope it is the good direction.
Posts: 14162 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
EnterpriseCat
Player
Member # 2881

posted 04-29-2015 03:42 PM      Profile for EnterpriseCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Guard play (or lack thereof) is critical in winning the NC. Duke's freshman guard got hot at the right time and Andrew and Aaron simply fell apart down the stretch of the Wisconsin game.

I am excited about Ulis and Briscoe handling our point guard position and believe that Skal, Poythress, and Lee will be enough of an inside threat to keep defenses honest.

If Mulder is as good a shooter as advertised, I think we will have a solid team. I agree that we still a need a SF and hope that Brown somehow sees the opportunity to play and chooses the Cats.

--------------------
Romans 8:38-39

JD4U

Posts: 2307 | From: Enterprise, AL | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 04-29-2015 05:17 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm betting Poythress is running some of these guys off. They see him as a senior that hasn't hit his peak yet and is due to play big minutes and be the star of the team.
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 04-29-2015 10:15 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
EC, I am hoping we get some help from Mulder who is 6'4" and plays the wing. Hopefully he can play some quality minutes at the 2 and the 3. If Poythress comes back healthy after his knee injury he will get minutes at the 3 as well as the 4. I think this is another reason Mulder was recruited by Cal as he hoping he can play some minutes at the 3.

Kentucky got a needed wing scorer when Vincennes (Ind.) University shooting guard Mychal  Mulder signed with the Wildcats today during a ceremony at his junior college.

He’s among the top 20 junior college prospects in the nation and his coach, Todd Franklin, said most recruiters ranked him as the nation’s best wing player because of his scoring ability and defense.

The 6-foot-4 Mulder averaged a team-high 15.7 points and 6.9 rebounds per game last season in leading the Trailblazers to a 33-2 record. He shot 44.7 percent (88 of 197) from 3-point range and 80 percent (80 of 100) at the foul line.

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
ukman
Player
Member # 3032

posted 04-30-2015 07:30 PM      Profile for ukman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I see Julius Mays all over again. I hope not but I don't see this guy being a great player I hope I am wrong and he us a dead eye shooter from 3.
Posts: 5439 | From: georgia | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 04-30-2015 10:32 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I will echo your comments UKman.
WHO?UK
Player
Member # 2286

posted 04-30-2015 10:42 PM      Profile for WHO?UK   Email WHO?UK   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yeah Im with Bama and UKman on this one. We need Maker and Brown to be where we want to be next year.

--------------------
RLTW!

Posts: 840 | From: Savannah Ga | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com