TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » NBA guru has Lyles going mid-1st round

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: NBA guru has Lyles going mid-1st round
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 04-24-2015 03:36 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
That sure would be a nice payday for Trey if it happens.

Sam Vecenie of CBSSports.com has an extensive analysis of Kentucky freshman Trey Lyles' position in the NBA draft and breaks down every imaginable aspect of his game.

Still, my guess is that a majority of teams will see his level of skill and basketball intelligence and want him on their team as a modern, inside-out option at the 4. Players like Lyles are currently extremely important to offenses in the NBA. The ability to clear out the lane and create space for guards is vital, and Lyles profiles as one of those players that could be able to pull his man away from the hoop. That's worth taking the time to develop, in my mind. Even if he only ever develops into a semi-consistent shooting threat from 18 feet and out, that should still turn into a solid rotation player that would be well worth a mid-first round pick. If things go right for his jump shot development, he could even become a starter in the NBA.

"That's well worth a pick in the middle of the first round, starting in the late lottery. Workouts will be important for him. If he shoots well during the right one, a team might really fall in love with him. Still, my guess is that he ends up just slightly on the outside looking in of the top-14, which is where I have him now at No. 16. He may not ever be a star -- which limits his upside in this NBA Draft -- but he should become a solid player for a while in the modern NBA."

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 04-25-2015 06:27 AM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
THere's good money to be had right around that area!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123985 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 04-25-2015 08:49 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If you get picked any where in the first round you are set if you invest your money wisely. Lyles is in a great position for sure.

--------------------

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 04-25-2015 08:56 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Here is a list of what the first round players make and the advantages it affords first round picks.

Link

--------------------

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com