TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Is Skal going to be another Kanter?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Is Skal going to be another Kanter?
CatFanInYankeeville
Player
Member # 2025

posted 04-23-2015 04:36 PM      Profile for CatFanInYankeeville     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I keep hearing mumblings from sites about his eligibility. I could see the NCAA holding that over his head all year and trying to keep him from playing in a Kentucky jersey.

--------------------
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian!” Henry Ford

Posts: 5563 | From: Eddyville at heart, Chicago in life | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 04-23-2015 05:29 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
CFIY, that's my fear as well. Worse yet, find something "new" during the year and make us vacate wins.
Posts: 5377 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 04-23-2015 06:47 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If that happens we won't have to worry about going to the NIT. We would be delegated to one of those other lower tourneys. Don't even think of him not being eligible. [Eek!]
Posts: 14120 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 04-23-2015 07:33 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I agree, don't even think about that possibility. That is like a bad dream.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186357 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
CatFanInYankeeville
Player
Member # 2025

posted 04-24-2015 04:31 PM      Profile for CatFanInYankeeville     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well heck guys, it's not something I'm hoping for, it's just I keep seeing these articles pop up here and there. We're only a couple years removed from the Kanter fiasco where the NCAA screwed us over, I'm sure they're probably thinking it's time for UK to bend over and get reamed again.

--------------------
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian!” Henry Ford

Posts: 5563 | From: Eddyville at heart, Chicago in life | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 04-24-2015 05:00 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I don't know that he played in any games for money so that shouldn't be a problem. He had to meet grade requirements to enter UK and he has done that as far as I know. I haven't heard anything about him not passing the ACT/SAT test. I just don't see where anyone could think he is not eligible to play, unless the courses he is finishing in school right now would have an effect on his GPA. I have not seen a thing of substance that would lead me to believe that he won't be playing.
Posts: 14120 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
GA Cat
Administrator
Member # 642

posted 04-24-2015 05:54 PM      Profile for GA Cat   Email GA Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well the fact that he himself came out and said he had not been cleared, but that he was confident he would be is enough for me to have a twinge of concern that there is something that needs to be done. Now, I am hoping it is just finishing up some course work and getting those grades posted, etc.

--------------------
Born Blue, Always Blue
Kentucky Blue, that is...

Posts: 2229 | From: Atlanta, GA, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 04-24-2015 07:29 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I am sure he is getting good advice and is following instructions and everything will turn out fine.

--------------------

Posts: 186357 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 04-24-2015 09:05 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I wish I was so sure. If there's any way the NCAA can stick it to Kentucky and/or Calipari, our odds are not good.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36264 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 04-24-2015 09:30 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Norm, nothing is for sure as you point out but we just have to have faith in the system and that the NCAA will do the right and just thing. Like Ga Cat so rightfully pointed out Skal is doing everything that is expected of him to clear himself for play.

--------------------

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com