TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Having a stipend for the athletes

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Having a stipend for the athletes
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 04-23-2015 07:58 AM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The major conferences will soon be able to give the athletes a stipend for living expenses.

I have heard that there will be a disparity on how much each school is allowed to give, based on cost of living. That sound like a load of crap to me. I am wondering if that will be fixed.

A much larger issue is the fact that Universities will be forced to give all their athletes spending money. I am assuming that will include all the non revenue sports that are already a drain on the schools resources. I do have a problem with that. Nobody gives two shakes about the swim team, tennis team, or whatever sport that is not men's basketball and football. Why should universities be forced to give those students extra money, when they operate in the red? Very bad business decision.

Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 04-23-2015 03:09 PM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I believe this money should come from the NCAA - isn't it their rule that athletes cannot hold a job? It should also be the same amount to everyone, regardless of school, conference, etc.
Posts: 10345 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 04-23-2015 03:27 PM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Without football and basketball there would be NO swimming, tennis teams.

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

Posts: 8771 | From: Inverness, FL | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 04-24-2015 12:11 PM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
But swimmers and tennis players have to obey the same NCAA rules as football and basketball players.
Posts: 10345 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com