TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Ulis has the skills to lead the Cats in 2015-2016

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Ulis has the skills to lead the Cats in 2015-2016
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 04-20-2015 04:41 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
He definitely will be the leader on the court and is going to have a boat load of assists the way this this years team is shaping up.

Not long after Devin Booker announced he was leaving Kentucky after his freshman season to play in the NBA, he offered a prediction about next season at UK.

“You’re going to see some special things out of Tyler (Ulis) next year. He’s going to be a real special player. And like I said, with the players they have right now with Alex (Poythress), Marcus (Lee) and then the recruiting class they’re bringing in, Isaiah Briscoe, Charles Matthews, and Skal (Labissiere), they’re going to be a really good team again,” said Booker.

For that to happen, Ulis likely will have to be not only a playmaker, but a leader. However, both certainly seem feasible based on what he did his freshman season to help UK start the year 38-0 and reach the Final Four.

Ulis averaged 5.6 points and 1.8 rebounds per game last season in 23.8 minutes of play. He had 135 assists — second on the team — and shot a team-best 42.7 percent (33 of 77) from 3-point range.

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 04-20-2015 09:18 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We're going to need more than one leader!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123991 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 04-20-2015 09:52 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Poythress is definitely a leader off the court where many of the players have looked up to him for guidance. He is a very bright young man with a very high grade point average right around 4.0.

--------------------

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 04-20-2015 09:54 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
That's who I was thinking about!

--------------------

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 04-20-2015 09:57 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I believe he is real close to graduating already. His major is accounting. I heard at one time he was going to get his masters degree.

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 04-21-2015 06:03 AM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
As long as he's carrying 12 hours minimum he remains eligible to play!

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 04-21-2015 06:05 AM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
He could be going for his doctorate and still remain eligible to play!

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 04-21-2015 09:59 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Here is one of the best shots of Alex blocking a shot. Hopefully he will come back with this same intensity.

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 04-21-2015 10:30 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I just hope he comes back from his surgery with same athletic ability he had before the injury.

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 04-21-2015 09:23 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Alex is a smart kid and he'll have the best trainers/therapists that money can buy!

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 04-21-2015 09:28 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Poythress also has a boat load of talent.

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 04-22-2015 06:11 AM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yes he does, he just needs a boat load of confidence to go with it!

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 04-22-2015 08:30 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think his leadership skills even makes him better as a team leader.

--------------------

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com