TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Poythress has a chance to be the team leader

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Poythress has a chance to be the team leader
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 04-19-2015 09:59 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
He has been and still is the player that all the Cats have looked up to for guidance and they want the best for him in the future.

When seven Kentucky players announced they were leaving school early for the NBA draft, UK coach John Calipari pointed out the only reason it was not eight players going was because junior forward Alex Poythress hurt his knee in early December and did not play again.

Poythress could do that and be the team’s motivating force along with returning point guard Tyler Ulis. Returning junior Marcus Lee should also get his chance to show what he can do with more minutes and incoming freshmen Skal Labissiere and Isaiah Briscoe are both as highly touted as any recruit UK had last year.

Throw in incoming freshman guard Charles Matthews, who could be a much better player at UK than many expect, and a chance for Dominique Hawkins and Derek Willis to finally get a shot at substantial minutes and many coaches would trade rosters with Calipari even if he does not add another recruit.

But the key still could be the return of a healthy, confident and aggressive Poythress.

“It hurt me just to see him standing over here and him not having the choice (of going pro because of his injury).” UK sophomore Andrew Harrison said. His athletic ability and the way he can do things on the court is like no other player.

“I’m not worried about the team (next year). I’m just worried about him. It’s hurtful, but you get to come back to Kentucky. It’s not like he’s a disappointment or anything. It’s fine, but I know he wanted to be with us.”

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com