TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Q&A with Skal Labissiere

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Q&A with Skal Labissiere
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 04-18-2015 08:54 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
He sounds like a sharp young man that is only going to get better playing for Cal and the Cats.

B/R: What were you able to show scouts at the Nike Hoop Summit in Portland?

SL: My effort on the court, how hard I played. How I went about every drill down there. And just showing my skill set.

B/R: Any NBA players you model your game after?

SL: Actually, there are many, I take a little bit from everybody. I watch Anthony Davis, the way he runs the floor and blocks shots. Tim Duncan in the low post. Kobe's my favorite player, his footwork, his face-up game. Carmelo and his face-up game. I watch Dirk Nowitzki, the way he gets his shot off.

B/R: I've heard you say you like to the play the 4, power forward. How is your jumper looking these days?

SL: It's got a lot better. Jump shot got more consistent than it used to be. I'm still working on it to get it more consistent and deadly.

B/R: What do you feel you need to improve most?

SL: Getting bigger—bigger and stronger. That's why I'm really looking forward to going to Kentucky this summer, get in the weight room and start working.

Link

[ 04-18-2015, 08:56 PM: Message edited by: catmandoo ]

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 04-19-2015 09:33 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The interesting thing about Skal is his ability to play the 4. To have a guy of his size and talent that has a decent outside shot and 15 foot jump shot is extraordinary and if a player like Maker who is 7'1 signs with the Cats would really be something that would be truly special. He can run, jump, and score the basketball with the best of them.

You add Poythress at the 3 with his strength and abilities and a guard combo like Ulis-Brisco and you have a team that would be one for the ages. It's probably wishful thinking but with Cal out there recruiting anything is possible and not out of the question. We have to know that's what he must be thinking and wants to add Jamal Murray along with Maker for good measure. This probably to much to ask for but you can bet Cal is going to try real hard to make it happen.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com