TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Does Billy D leave for the NBA?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Does Billy D leave for the NBA?
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 04-18-2015 08:32 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
There are a lot of people that think it's inevitable and wouldn't be surprised if he did.

Billy Donovan is reportedly interested in coaching in the NBA.

But will he actually leave Florida?

He once took the Magic job only to back out and return to the Gators, and we’re only a year removed from Donovan saying he was still happier to stay at Florida.

Wizards guard Bradley Beal, who played for Donovan in college, thinks the answer to that question is yes.

I’m with Beal, in part because Beal said that. Beal – who expands on why Donovan would fit well in the pros – obviously has more insight into Donovan’s thinking than most, so it’s telling Beal would say this.

I also leaned that direction prior to hearing Beal, because I don’t think the initial report would have emerged if Donovan weren’t serious. After spurning Orlando before, he risks getting alienated from the league if he keeps leading on teams and then staying at Florida.

It will take an offer – Donovan has been linked to the Magic and Nuggets – but it looks increasingly likely Donovan coaches in the NBA next season.

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 04-18-2015 08:39 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I would bet if he did leave Pelphrey would have a shot of getting the job although they probably would end up hiring someone with more experience.

--------------------

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 04-19-2015 07:34 AM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
KNowing that he failed miserably at Arkansas, I sure wouldn't give him an interview if I were the Gator AD.
Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 04-19-2015 08:42 AM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It would surprise me very much if Donovan left for the NBA that Florida would give their job to either of their two previously fired head coaches, Grant or Pelfrey. They have both failed at SEC schools.
Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 04-19-2015 08:52 AM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Agree
Posts: 14162 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 04-22-2015 12:19 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Bradley Beal thinks he will leave, time will tell.

Washington Wizards guard Bradley Beal, who played for Billy Donovan at Florida, thinks that his former college coach will make the jump to the NBA. Beal appeared on the Dan Patrick Show on Friday, and he was asked what kind of pro coach Donovan would make.

"I think he'd be great," Beal responded. "I agree with the rumors, I think he'll definitely leave. I think he won't pass that opportunity up too many times, and I think he'll be a tremendous coach. He loves playing in pick-and-rolls, he loves to space the floor and he gives his players freedom, so I think he'll definitely, he'll excel well in the league.

"He wants his players to continue to get better and better each and every day," Beal added. "If there's one thing he will do, he will push you to be the best that you can possibly be. So I think in terms of his coach-player relationship, I think it'll be terrific."

Link

--------------------

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com